« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dick Trickle's Brother:

NASCAR Star Was Suffering

from Extreme Chest Pain

5/17/2013 10:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0516-dick-trickle-2-getty
Dick Trickle suffered from excruciating pain under his left breast in the days before he killed himself ... and was "very down" about his health situation in his final days, this according to Trickle's brother.

Chuck Trickle opened up to both TMZ and the Las Vegas Review Journal ... saying Dick's death from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound is "a shock to me ... it's real hard to think about."

Chuck says he spoke with Dick just last week ... and the former NASCAR driver was complaining about a severe pain under his left breast that seemed to be getting worse.

"He was having a lot of issues w some pain ... he had sharp pain by his left breast and constant hard pain," Chuck told TMZ.

Chuck says Dick went to the doctor twice a day in an effort to remedy the issue -- and underwent numerous MRIs and CAT scans -- but doctors were never able to determine the cause of the pain.

“He was very down,” Trickle said ... adding, “He more or less said he didn’t know how much longer he could take the pain.”

0516_dick_trickle_remembering_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

6one9

See ya ``` Wouldn't want to be ya!!!

Shoozie

Such a sad story :(

J4X

Putting a slug in your face defiantly curses chest pain. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who offs them self.

IwuvTMZ

So that's a good reason to shoot yourself?

shewentwhoa

With the chest pain issue he could of been having a STEMI...

Montana

It could be panic attacks.
I thought I was having a heart attack the first time it happened to me and I called 911.
It causes extreme pain on your left side. its very scary if you don't know what's happening to you. rip

DetroitRocks

Rest in peace

Tuna212

Angina is tough.It drives one crazy.Dick was a heavy smoker.Smoked while he drove in old days.I said something stupid on another post and I am sorry.Manny people,including myself,made fun of his name.In reality,I am disabled and he accomplished more in life than I ever would dream of.I almost died in Nov. and my joke was vial and sophomoric. R.I.P.,Sir.

sophiastormy

He killed himself over that, wow. He sounds links he had a mental issue.

Lake

He chainsmoked for how many years and had extreme chest pain? OH NO!!! How unfair! Anyway, I applaud him. Death is death, we all own it, and it's mandated from the second every living thing is born or hatched or planted. So why not choose your method and time of departure? Good for him! What's the point of trundling along in pain? 70+ years is enough. Just say farewell and check out. I wish more people did it!

The good news is, no one will have to breathe his smoke any more! And he is taking up no space and using no resources. I mean, let's be practical. None of us is more special or valuable than the potato bug on the spud or the sloth on the branch. I like his style: cemetery, gun, phone call, note, and blam. Thank goodness he didn't screw it up and survive. I like it! People should be commemorating. How many of us get to make a choice and then execute it?

xirnibor

As TMZ first reported, Trickle left a suicide note at the North Carolina cemetery where he died -- it's unclear if the note explains why Trickle decided to take his own life....
if tmz was the first to report it, wouldn't they have read the suicide note and they would be able to explain things....that's some fine detective work there lhou

DeeMaree

It's inexcusable IF this man killed himself due to physical PAIN. Doctor(s) dropped the ball for sure. Why wasn't he in the hospital? Was he given pain medication. I need more story before I totally get on my soapbox.

khaines

This is sad, but who names some one dick trickle? Kinda nasty. Makes you wonder what was trickling from his dick, in a nasty kind of way.

Vote2012

Is that his real name? Wow

Ktbbyzz

Thats a very unfortunate name.

RIP Mr. Trickle.
My prayers to his family.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments