Sinbad

I'm BROKE

... Again

5/20/2013 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0517-sinbad-scared-getty'90s comedian Sinbad claims he's broke as a joke ... again -- filing for bankruptcy for the second time since 2009.

Sinbad (real name David Adkins) filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy last month, claiming he owes $10,991,715 in debt ... and only has $131,000 in assets.

The 56-year-old comedian -- famous for his roles in '90s movies like "Houseguest" and "Jingle All the Way" -- says he owes $374,979 to American Express, $32,199 to Bank of America, and $2.3 million to the CA Franchise Tax Board.

He also claims he owes $8.3 million to the IRS for taxes from 1998-2006, and admits he owes both state and federal taxes from 2009-2012.

According to the bankruptcy docs, Sinbad earns only $16,000 per month and can't afford to pay his bills.

But the bright side, he's still got some possessions -- a 2007 BMW 750i, a 2006 VW Beetle, a 2010 Ford F150, a 2010 Lincoln Navigator, $5,000 in home office equipment ... and 200 copies of "Sinbad's Guide to Life" currently for sale on Amazon for $6.25 each.

Sinbad filed for bankruptcy once before in 2009, but the case was dismissed because he didn't file the right documents. Calls to Sinbad weren't returned.

Scott Levy

Wow, who would want a book on life advice from someone who seems like such a huge failure? lol

Aaron

damn how are you stupid enough to rack up almost eleven million dollars in debt when you make two hundred grand a year. lock his hiney up for tax evasion

Maxi

ONLY makes $16,000 per month? Oh poor dear.

News Flash

Stop spending and get a job! What is it with these actors/singers not paying taxes?

News Flash

Take the Sin out of your name and put Me.

blakhoode

$16K/month is about what I make in a year. You're not broke, Sinbad.. I'm broke! F'n Hollywood!

Jody

When my accountant screwed up, we owed $8,000 to the IRS and they were all over us. How does he get away with owing $8 million for that long?

cobrazombie

Haven't these 'tards ever heard of accountants?

IceGypsy

Why can't these idiots learn to live within their means. They make decent money, and they spend like it's going to be coming in like that for a lifetime.

Beckster

If he really is broke then how can he afford to stay at the Cove in Atlantis. I saw him there in February. Back in the day when I did have much money I had to opt for a drive to Myrtle Beach as a vacation spot.
Just sayin'

lovegarrison

He aint completely broke, he make 16000 a month, he just dont wanna pay his bills.

Regina

This is really sad to hear because I really like Sinbad ALOT. HE is one of the cleanest comedians out there, and I watch his videos and movies all the time.
My sister told me that she saw his reality show and he does nothing in his office. There are unopened boxes every where. She said it was funny but she can see why he is broke and went into bankruptcy.

anony

Why does it seem that only black celebrities owe the IRS millions in back taxes? Do they all think that all the money they earn is tax free?

tessa

why do these entertainers not follow the same laws as the rest of us? the privileges of the elite, whether politicians, stars, athletes needs to come to a halt. talk about living beyond your means . . .

Areader

Sinbad seems like a good guy...I hope he gets his finances in order!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments