'America's Got Talent' Star

CHEATS DEATH

After Tree-Smashing Car Crash

5/21/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0520_zac_gordon_01

"America's Got Talent" star Zac Gordon ... aka Horse ... aka the guy with iron testicles ... is lucky to be alive ... after smashing his car into a tree while trying to avoid striking a deer, TMZ has learned.

Horse -- who became famous for allowing people to bash him in the scrotal-region on AGT -- tells us he was driving in Harrisburg, PA Saturday when a deer suddenly ran out in front of his car.  Horse says he jerked the wheel, trying not to kill the animal ... but lost control and went careening into a tree.

Zac says he hit the tree so hard the car flipped over -- "I legitimately thought I was going to die."

An ambulance rushed to the scene and hauled the AGT star off to the hospital. He was released later that night with a possible concussion, sore neck and scratches ... but luckily no major injuries.

"I'm just glad to be alive," Horse tell us.

Now, here's Zac crashing into other things:

jtw

I can see he is so hurt that he managed to find someone to take his picture and post it! Can you say "I need the publicity?"

cobrazombie

Famous for what??

Cynic

gee thats a shame....

Liz

I live near Harrisburg....there are plenty of deer around outlying areas, but he'll never hit a deer in Harrisburg or its close suburbs. And there was absolutely NO press coverage of this accident - we're a small enough area that even minor incidents get a blurb in the newspaper. So I am calling BS.

tom

Never swerve to hit a deer. Would of hurthis cr some but not him. Plus you get fresh venison . Yummmmm

ts

Never turn the wheel to miss a deer! Living in Pennsylvania myself i have encountered plenty of deer. To be safe, you are better off just hitting the darn deer.

Fox

He had a premonition before swerving, that's how he survived. Now death will constantly be coming after him. I just wrote the story for Final Destination 6

PT

Ah - the infamous "trying to avoid a deer" story.

amyd

Is the deer okay?

Woot

Don't know him, never heard of him, but he'll forever have my heart for trying to avoid hitting the deer. Best wishes for a full recovery. I'm going to remember you, Zac / Horse!

mojo

He's OK folks, he landed on his nuts.

nhatvinhskyit

very good!

Hugomarink

Horse may be like the Bruce Willis character in the movie "Unbreakable." It would explain how he can be hit in the nuts so many times and not suffer any injuries.