Charlie Sheen

CALL ME CARLOS

I'm Goin' Full Latino in 'Machete Kills'

5/23/2013 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0522-charlie-sheen-carlos-estevez

Charlie Sheen has decided he's WAYYY too Caucasian to star in the new "Machete" movie -- so he's channeling his Latino roots and changing his name back to Carlos Estevez ... at least for now.

TMZ obtained a screengrab from the upcoming flick ... which shows Sheen will use his birth name in the new Robert Rodriguez joint. It's the first time in his professional career he won't be billed as Charlie Sheen.

It makes sense ... Rodriguez films often celebrate Latino pride (think "El Mariachi," "Desperado," "Machete") so Sheen is just getting into the spirit of the campy thriller about a rampaging Mexican assassin.

A little history ... Charlie Sheen’s dad Martin Sheen was born Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estevez, from his Spanish father's side. He made up "Martin Sheen" to get acting jobs but never changed it legally ... passing "Estevez" to all 4 kids.

Martin has said he regrets not sticking with his real name ... so this TOTALLY counts as a son-redeems-the-father story, right?

Buttafly

Does that mean his character will be named Carlos? watched Charles Swan III last night and it clicked how sad it is that all his roles are his own name, like he can't go by something else!

CyndiChainsaW

I love Robert Rodriguez.

Mary Ellen

There's so much wrong with that "article"! Spaniards are Caucasian (a race)...Europeans are Caucasian. Just because he has a Spanish last name it doesn't mean that he's not Caucasian. I am a blonde, blue-eyed Spaniard...CAUCASIAN. Hispanic is not a race...it is a culture. Hispanics come in all races: Asian, Black, Native Americans and YES...Caucasians.
A Latino... is anyone of any race born in Latin America. A Spaniard of European background (Martin Sheen's dad) is not a Mexican therefore, not a Latino.

Mary

Oh goody!

awesomewave

If I was starring in that junk movie, I'd be changing my name too.

pat

HEY TMZ

GET WITH THE PROGRAM

APPARENTLY .......

The Wide Kraptasian Load went to Paris

and what does her gay BF do?

Takes off to Italy.

This is going to be an hilarious summer for this tramp. She's really going down the tubes.

As for Kanye, I really don't give a **** about him. He's just a rich idiot who will be somewhat poorer in a few months.

Then we get the court drama.

I tell ya, I've gotta find a way to wean myself from these sites. We're being played. I know it but I keep on coming back@#%&^$

exlax

a crack head is still a crack head no matter how many names you give yourself! assk carlos, charli , and that other guy that is your pesident

KnuckleDragger

I hope this outing for the "Machete" franchise is better than the first. Even though Danny Trejo is a friend of mine...that movie sucked balls, IMO.

exlax

what is a charlie sheen? a male paris hilton or karthaskian?

exlax

web search for charlie ,carlos ,sheen, esteves.. just showes used toilet paper and bent needles and used hookers

NOT ELMO

i went to see this first MACHETE movie that made $44 Million WORLDWIDE, LOL, But i will NOT make that same mistake again....

Celeb Gossip Addict

Good. It's too bad him and his dad felt they had to change their names to get acting gigs. Don't they look white enough for Hollywierd?

Azi

Charlie, I don't always agree with your antics, but you seem to accomplish your goals in that mega-f u c k of Hollywood.

AnnieSH

Caucasian is a NATIONALITY, not a race. They are from Caucasia, which is near Russia. I may be Irish German and whole other nationalities, but I am not Russian.

Leopold butters Stotch

Vlade Divac smoked ten cartons of stoggies during his career. That's a great accomplishment

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments