Ellen & Portia

Drop $26.5 Million

On Astounding Cali Mansion

5/22/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0521_ellen_degeneres_montecito_mansion_launch_v2
It's the kinda house 99.999% of the world will never see ... let alone OWN -- but TMZ has learned, Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi just purchased this $26.5 million mansion in Santa Barbara.

The deal went through last week, and words can't do justice to how insane this house is -- it's 10,522 square feet ... located in Montecito, which has some of the most beautiful vistas in Cali.  It's got 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms ... and it sits on 13 ACRES.

Oh yeah, it's also got NINE fireplaces ... and even the pool's got an ocean view.

And if that weren't crazy enough, it's just the latest house Ellen has added to her arsenal -- she also owns several other properties in the Los Angeles area, including homes in Beverly Hills and Hidden Valley.

Annnnnnd now we feel poor. Thanks, Ellen.

katastrophic

Although Ellen Degeneres is one of THEE most giving caring human beings on planet earth . . . try dropping 26.5 mil on Moore Oaklahoma....would clean that place up rather quickly I'd imagine.

Sue

I love Ellen. It is not clear what she does with all these homes. Oprah owns several as well. They make so much money, it appears there are not enough banks to store it. Hopefully they all give lots to charitable organizations.

Mike

Jeez. I bet it costs a freaking fortune just to hire people to keep all the bushes trimmed and the lawn all manicured.

I bet you hear gas powered leaf blowers, edgers, bush trimmers, lawn mowers and weed whackers going all the time at that house.

Mimi

You mean Ellen bought a home. Portia moved in with her.

Bill Leslie

typical hypocritical Hollywood liberals - tell everyone to make do with less and hate the "rich" and then hide in their 0.00001%-er mansions behind fences with armed guards.

IceGypsy

Love the stone walls. Great house, nice location / view too.

Rex

I am a little jealous - I do LOVE that house! At least we get to see pictures of it. I'm happy with my little 1,800 s.f. home in Richmond, Texas - along with my significant other, my wonderful dog, my hilarious cat and four fishes. I'm surely blessed. But I do love that house!

Buddy The Elf

Normally celeb homes are just large and gaudy and tacky. Not a big fan of most. But I have to say all of Ellen's I have seen, this included, have a good vibe to them. VERY cool place.

hummm

nice... enjoy

Mr.Velvet

Now these two ugly lesbos can pull the strap on out and scissor each other in peace.

Nancy

Very nice except the article should read Ellen drops 26.5 million, not Ellen and Portia.

Mike

Ellen and Portia ought to invite their buddy Katy Perry over to their new house. Katy grew up in Santa Barbara and she's there every now and then to visit her parents.

Sue from jersey

Hope it's move in ready! Enjoy it!

Hap Welsh

Such a waste when so many people have no homes, no food, and have lost their jobs. Why not help them out instead of paying that much money for a house. Wish the world was fair.

BB not bb

Someone mentioned that the landscaping is going to be noisy. I wonder if you are that rich, if you could just pay people to use the manual tools intead of the power tools, like in the old days. Maybe they could even have horses or dogs pull a large lawn roller wheel cutter.

It is so annoying between the chemiclas people dump and spray on their lawns and gardens and then having to listen to all the power equipment. That bothers me way more than a sign or graffitti or too high a gate, like some people complain about.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments