« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jose Canseco's Ex-GF

Calls BS on Rape Accuser

5/23/2013 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052313_layla_knight_launch
Jose Canseco's ex-GF tells TMZ ... she believes J.C. is COMPLETELY INNOCENT ... and claims the woman accusing the former MLB star of rape is nothing more than a lying publicity whore.

We spoke to Leila Knight -- who dated Canseco for more than 4 years -- and she tells us she's spoken with Canseco at length about the sexual assault accusations that have been made against him in Las Vegas.

"I've been talking to him all day ... it's obvious that it's a publicity stunt, I mean -- the girl's an aspiring actress," Knight says.

Knight also says Canseco is a "gentle person" who always tells the truth -- "If anything, he's too honest."

For his part, Canseco has denied any wrongdoing ... despite the fact he's named as a suspect in a sexual assault investigation stemming from an alleged incident on May 10.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

August

How else is an aspiring Las Vegas "ACTRESS" going to get acting jobs if she doesn't sleep with someone famous?

Kay

Google the accuser! People who seem to know her really well are saying the same thing as the ex girlfriend except the post show they were saying this as early as 2011!

LOLOL

Why is this sexy woman walking by herself, I should of been there..OW

DTD

Is it sexual assault, or is it rape? Those two things are not the same. Some may say it is. But criminal definition by law says it isn't.

Brian

I don't believe many of these so-called rape stories. Most just want money. It's too bad though since it makes it harder on anyone who really is raped.

nisiek

all Jose had to do was to keep this to himself. His going about publicly denying it on twitter (or as I like to call it ****ter) made is much worse. Now it is public fodder, I don't really care what happened I just think he should keep his mouth and fingers still and never speak on something that has not even been addressed in a court of law.

TURKEYGIRL

I think he is super shadey. He thinks he's slick, and would't trust him for nothing.

Double Bubble

His ex totally made him look and sound like he's unstable and vindictive. If she was trying to help him seem like he was a victim here- she failed.

Karvey Kardashian

I hate morons who claim they know a person is innocent, or they know the accused is not capable of something. No one can honestly know what a person will or will not do. All perpetrators have someone that will think they aren't capable of such an act. That doesn't mean he is guilty, but it does mean that the ex girlfriend should shut her mouth. If the accuser is lying it will be shown that it didn't happen. I don't understand how anyone can believe the ex when she claims that he is too honest, and goes on to claim he lied about her in tweets that he posted. Which is it? Does he always tell the truth or does he lie at times? Are you a scam artist, a thief, part of a prostitution ring, or did he lie about you? Are you defending him because he threatened to expose something about you, or have you seen the light, that he is an honest guy, after he posted lies about you?

VictoriaGirl

Unless this beyotch was actually there then she doesnt know what really happened. She needs to STFU.

Nappy

roids have shrunk his junk so its impossible now ... so nappy

Roscho

She looks like she could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

WiddoMouse

He's a gentle person. Is she the girlfriend who he beat up in the domestic assault case? That does not sound gentle to me.

Jamoak

Horseface

Cognitive_Shift

I want her to eat apples out of the palm of my hand!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments