« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star Tim Duncan

I'm Too Busy

To Get Divorced

5/24/2013 10:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524-tim_duncan_amy

NBA superstar Tim Duncan has filed legal docs in his divorce case, asking the judge to put the brakes on the dissolution of his marriage until the San Antonio Spurs clinch the NBA championship.

TMZ has obtained legal docs filed in Bexar County, Texas, in which Duncan makes the case that his employment "is currently making extraordinary demands on him and hopefully will continue to make those demands for the next 30 or so days."  Translation -- he's banking on a ring.

Duncan's wife, Amy, filed for divorce in March, saying she wanted to end their 12-year marriage which she says has become "insupportable because of discord and conflict."

In the docs, Duncan reveals he has a prenup, which he wants enforced.   This is important because Duncan got married 4 years AFTER he was selected in the first round of the NBA draft.  In 2012, he inked a 3-year, $36 million deal, and that's just the last contract.  Dude is worth a fortune.

Duncan also says he expects he and Amy will reach an agreement on financial support for their two small kids.

BTW ... Duncan's request may not be wishful thinking.  The Spurs are up 2-0 on the Memphis Grizzlies and just 2 victories from playing in the NBA finals.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Badass2012

It was just a matter of time before she take him to the cleaners. Marriage nowadays is a big joke. If you don't have any problems giving up your house, half of your money, not able to see your kids when you want to, being depressed from the thoughts of another guy banging your ex-wife in the same bed you shared with her, then go right ahead and get marry.

SureThing

Well, at least she has the back bone to go through with a divorce unlike Kobe'e wife.

SureThing

I always find it so funny to see these white women taking these black athletes to the cleaners. It's after they complain that all black women want is their money.

Irresistible

I Love my SPURS!!
You"all spurs haters out here needs to Shut the hell up!! Don't hate! GO SPURS GO!!!

Steve Hopkins

Here's a song for all you unhappy losers wishing you had the guts to do what Tim is doing:

Dante s

She cheated with her personal trainer, ***** named Matt Mitchell, he's a nasty ho they all got herpes now!

SpursGrrrl

HATE that this says "bexar county, tx". This is SAN ANTONIO, represent! Aside from that, I have lunch at the place he & his wife would frequent and they are both such a sweet couple. My condolences on the break-up. He's a good man though and I'm sure he'll bounce back. There are plenty of ladies and groupies alike that want him. Keep it San Antonio, Duncan!!

J Cartier

Tim is a class act, and deserves better anyway, a better wife and a reprieve from all of the haters.

Jfade

Tim Duncan top 10 all time great
Greatest power forward of all time

4 rings
3 finals mvp's
2 NBA mvp's

Greatest player of the generaton

NYCBlackMan

FINALLY A BLACK MAN THAT WAS SMART ENOUGH TO GET A PRENUP...............SCORE!!!!!!!!!!
I GUESS SOME BLACK MEN ARE NOT SO DUMB WHEN THEY GET WITH WHITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

behindblondiepark@gmail.com

Why does anyone even care about Tim Duncan and his divorce. There are far more important things going on in the world right now and we want to talk about a NBA player who racked in 9.639 million USD in 2012. Pathetic!

Thomas

Stupid b*tch doesn't know what she has....

Ave Joe

Well another Woman that is Ruined for Life now, She's all Stretched out now ..She will ned Extra $ to Get VRS Done.. if she wants to Ever Get Remarried again..

Lightbrownis

Becky had the two kids and faked it for 12 years, she can't fake it anymore . . .these guys will never learn.

Whitney

After i saw the post of Pamela and Carolyn on how Dr Bola helped them in bring back their lover, i decided to contact Dr BOLA ,Then i told him how my husband tried divorcing me and am gonna be loosing a lot from that, He only told me to smile trice and asked me to fill a form, i Submitted it and he gave me the assurance of 24hrs, to my surprise its was just 18hrs, and Tony my husband came home telling me, why on earth would i have to misunderstood him always and said he is very sorry and promised we aint gonna divorce, my Joy was restored and i called Dr BOLA to tell him but he said he already knew about it that all i should do is to tell friends and people to contact him with any kind of problem that his gods have solutions, Friends i can swear by anything that Dr Bola is a man you can trust contact him for help and he is trustworthy. Here his is private mail bolaspellcaster@yahoo.com ...Whitney

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments