Dan Harmon

Returning to 'Community'

One Year After Firing

6/1/2013 12:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0601-dan-harmon-community-gettyHe's baaaaaaaaack!!!

Dan Harmon, the creator of "Community" who was unceremoniously dumped from the show last year, is finalizing his deal to return to the show, so says The Hollywood Reporter. THR says the deal should be closed in the coming days.

Harmon's return has been rumored for the last week, and he tweeted earlier today, "Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale" in response to a fan's question.

He also tweeted earlier several times about the gloriousness of a certain airport bar, so take that for what it's worth.

VOUDOU

Why is everyone ready to throw a parade, the show is pure $hit. Always has been.

Carl

I know people that worked on the show during his time there. He was drunk all the time, people hated him (not just Chevy) and the network was desperate to dump him. Strange that they would take him back.

A1A

Avid TV watcher never heard of Community until right now. Flip the massive Dish Network channels all the time, watch regular network all the time, I watch early and I watch late, and I have never ever heard of this show.

jayman419

"You can thank @joelmchale"

I wonder if he threatened to walk. He has that E! show for a regular paycheck. Last season wasn't bad, but it was lacking something. I could see him saying
"Well we gave it a shot. Let's call it a series. It's just not the same without Dan. ... Oh, you're willing to get Dan back? Hell yeah we got ourselves a TV show."

Metta Worldhate

I stopped watching when he left.

Leonard

Leonard Likes this Post!

curt hollywookiee

hollywookiee.com said this LAST WEEK.

jess

Can we all this the F U! Chevy deal????? My friends have waied on him at various restaurants in CT/Westchester...and he's such an ASS!!!!!!!!!!

ans84

I am so happy he's coming back, and I'm even happier the show survived to see a fifth season. Can't wait!

Elisa

Um, this is NOT breaking news. Hollywookiee.com scooped this LAST WEEK.

monzfu dusiizx

WTfluchs tis dost commudost???

awesomewave

Chevy must be thrilled.

JIM

NBC, SONY TELEVISION, DAN HARMON AND EVERYBODY INVOLVED WITH COMMUNITY WILL BE SUED AND KILLED FOR STEALING MY WORK!!!!!!