Bruno Mars

Mother Dies Unexpectedly

6/2/2013 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0602_Bruno-Mars_tmzBernadette Hernandez -- mother of Bruno Mars -- died unexpectedly Saturday at the age of 55.

Hernandez suffered a brain aneurysm. She passed away at the Queens Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Hernandez was a hula dancer and singer who immigrated from the Philippines and nurtured Mars' musical talents from a very young age.

Mars was set to kick off a tour in the U.S. later this month. No word on whether the death will affect the concert schedule.

Azi

Peace be with you Bruno.

Shoozie

First, I offer my condolences to Bruno and his family. Second, I am appalled that Jermaine Jackson stupid idea is ahead of THIS story.

Tide Fan

Prayers, sympathy and condolences to Bruno on the death of his mother. May God grant you peace, strength, grace, comfort and mercy!

And a big middle finger to TMZ!

Andre 3000 from Outkast mother passed away also unexpectedly this week but even when an AJC reporter sent you guys the tip, you never reported it. You DID report Big Boi's knee surgery though and that it happened while he was performing. You gave THAT story a spot but could not report the death of a Grammy award winning rapper/singer.actor's mother who has more awards than Bruno? They BOTH lost their mothers but you report about Bruno and about Big Boi but not a shout out to Dre on his Mom's death when he's come to your "studio" and appeared on air for you guys? Seems the least you can do is report both the stories. BOTH these men lost their Mom's and one even helped you guys out so it seems his Mom's death would be relevant too. I'm just saying...smdh!

Lildarlinj

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sorry for your loss. God bless you.

Tatiana Kelly

DEUS CONFORTE O CORAÇÃO DA FAMÍLIA. FORCE!!!!

Robert

My mother died unexpectedly and wasn't nearly as young as Beuno's. I understand the shock and grief of sudden and unexpected death especially with someone a young as 55. My heartfelt condolences to Bruno and his family. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

Maria not Nicky

Vaya con dios. Condolences.

LetsBeReAL

So sad! He must be heartbroken. She's an angel watching over him now.

PeggySue

May she rest in peace in Gods arms. Much love and prayers to you and your family.

MP

That is just heartbreaking. She was so young, too. Condolences to Mr. Mars and his family.

bagladey

My sincere condolences to Bruno and his family and may his mother rest in peace.

Jackie

Oh my god that's terrible!..she's so young. I've seen pictures of her, she was very beautiful. I'm a fan of Bruno's music, he's one of the few talented showman out there right now...I feel for him and his family..so sad..RIP

sborn2013

Illuminati!

adriver426

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

stephanie w

MY prayers are with the family ,so sorry

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments