Nic Cage's Son

DIVORCE FINAL

She Keeps Wedding Ring

6/2/2013 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0531-weston-cage-nikki-williams-tmz
Nicolas Cage
's son Weston and his wife Nikki Williams are officially divorced, TMZ has learned -- but the crazy part ... she gets to keep her wedding ring, despite promising to PAWN IT OFF.

As we reported, 22-year-old Weston filed for divorce back in 2011 -- not really shocking, considering they were both arrested for domestic violence against each other after they tied the knot earlier that year ... following a two-week engagement.

The divorce is now final -- but according to the order, obtained by TMZ, 24-year-old Nikki gets to keep her wedding ring ... along with the rights to her entire song catalog, including a track called "Pawn My Wedding Ring."

The song was written last year, after Weston filed for divorce, and it contains the lyrics -- "It started perfect, you were a different person / But you changed on me after the honeymoon was done."

It continues ... "And because it's not worth anything / I'm about to pawn my wedding ring / Get rid of everything that was right or wrong." See? It's right there in black and white.

Meanwhile, Weston gets to keep his musical equipment, bank account, and songs ... including fluffy uplifting hits like "Souless Eyes," "Vampire Sentiment," and "Heathen Sanctuary."

Young love.

cristiana

so sad. I was hoping they could work out their issues. I thought they were a cute couple

Tessa

ivy

I have nikki on many facebook and can tell you that she looks so much happier without weston

Laura

And we all thought it would last.

Bob the Builder3000

TMZ, it is not "crazy" for the wife to keep the ring after a marriage, no matter what she wants to do with it after the divorce.

Once the parties are married, the engagement ring is just like any other piece of property brought into the marriage—it is the separate property of the party bringing it into the marriage (generally the wife).

nof

The Cage's are fighters, warriors, survivors -

-If anyone's going to finish a 15 round heavyweight fight?

-On their feet?

...It's Nic and/or Wes.

Few have scaled Hollywood as has Nic.

Would love to see him in Sly's next installment.

Hell, put BOTH Nic and Wes in...

nof

@ SEALAB2021

"He's NOT a celebrity. his father is....barely.."..

____________________________________

Have you any idea how many action pictures that Nic Cage has opened, starred in?

Any idea how much MONEY these pics have bought in?

Why DISS the guy - Nic Cage was and is as-big-as-it-gets.

Wes is being GROOMED to replace Nic - and will at some point.

nof

@ TESSA

"Made me sad to see this, I believed in their love. There was and still is something powerful between them two? Whether it's understood or even acknowledged by either of them, there is still deep pain and a powerful presence within them individually and between the two of them. I can feel it.......They may be finished with each other, but their love is still somewhere crying, burning and yearning for that nourishment. I adore them both, and hope that TMZ stops placing them {via TMZ style story telling} and their families into game playing roles while insulting them {especially Weston}, TMZ "excuses" Nikki from major TMZ bashing, and in their words "his HOT wife" is the only reason why. First of all, yes, she's hot, but to sum up her beauty as hot, doesn't even capture all of her real beauty. And she is more than just hot meat, so don't insult her or her intelligence. And Weston has been pretty damn kind to you guys when all the sht hit the fan. While watching the show I felt like I was somehow involved in bullying him, along with you guys. Yet what I saw made me want to help him, not laugh and bully the man. I'd say TMZ needs to show some kind of respect and not taunt the stars like animals stuck in a zoo cage. I love the unique way you guys do many things, but then there are those times, you disappoint me, my own intelligence for watching the show, and make me sad. Please do something in the future that involves positive when it comes to these two, especially Weston. When some of the stuff you guys shoot airs, it's not the subjects I see as idiots, it's you."

_______________________________

Probably the most thoughtful, intelligent, considerate, sweet, honest and fair thread-post I've ever read here, thank you for this.

Ironically, it's garnered six "hates."

TJ

She looks like such a sweet girl! Shows you can't tell by smiling photos, what people are really like. His Dad doesn't exactly have a great relationship history.What were the REAL issues here????

Tessa

I have respect for them both and wish them happiness individually, and as far apart as possible. Love and hate are one of the same, and they are in hate now, when it comes to each other. Wes has found new love and is very happy, and hopefully he'll be making more music, because he is a powerful entertainer all his own, and one of the strongest people I've ever seen. And of course Nikki is #Glowing her way up the music charts. Check out her songs, my fav. is Kill F*ck Marry. These two people deserve some respect from the public, more than some are giving. But their fans adore them always.........