Paris Jackson

Cops Say She DIDN'T Want to Die

6/6/2013 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605_paris_jackson_article_2
Cops officially classified the Paris Jackson incident as a "suicide attempt," but they do NOT believe her intent was to kill herself.

Law enforcement sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... based on the information the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. has gathered ... "She wanted attention."  One source involved in the case tells us ... her call to a suicide hotline is compelling evidence "she wanted to be saved."  The source added, "It makes no sense if you really want to die to call a hotline, where the person on the other end will get an ambulance over to your house."

TMZ broke the story ... Paris used a meat cleaver to cut her arm and took a bunch of Motrin, and our sources say as a result they must classify it as a "suicide attempt."  But, as one source put it, "Who takes Motrin to kill themselves?  She called the suicide hotline because she wanted the attention and wanted to make sure EMTs got there in time."

We're also told Paris was conscious when EMTs arrived and did not argue or put up a struggle when she was placed on a stretcher.

One source connected with the case tells us, "She's into the drama."

0605_paris_jackson_get_Well_soon_footer

rud3b1tch

Smmfh tmz NO class and NO respect who the hell cares rather she did it for attention or to really kill herself it is evident that the girl needs help and once again you make fun of another celebrity who is in serious need. As far as the pigs go they mouth shut if I was her I would sue them for releasing classified information. Tmz get it together like foreal...! # team Paris

Kimberly

"A source told you", that Paris is into drama???? Her ACTIONS weren't enough for the staff at TMZ? She should have to go to the children's cancer ward and tell THEM why she doesn't want to live and why Her life is SO tragic! Katherine needs to stop excusing that spoiled behavior. There are Plenty of people who have gone through Much worse than her and Don't choose this nonsense.

Ann

TMZ: that is so ****ty of you to report that someone said "she is into the drama"! THAT IS MEAN. She is a young GIRL who lost her DAD and the friggin Jackson's are a bunch of jackasses. They are causing her problems along with her Dad passing. THAT COMMENT WAS A BULLY COMMENT. SHAME ON YOU HARVEY FOR LETTING THIS GET PUT UP FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE.

Dee

How about TMZ leave this child alone. Yes, we all come here for fun to read the gossip but this is a minor child. Her family chose to live their lives in the lime light, she did not. Even if it is just a cry for help, she obviously needs it.

Anni

TMZ try to have a heart and give not the HATERS the place for destroying Paris like they destroyed her dad!! Medias kill! Bad comments kill!!

Nun ja biz

I'm sure she has a lot of issues and needs to work then out. I feel for her. I hope she recovers and realizes she is worth so much.

BobbieFisher

Well on one hand - she was raised by a weirdo (a loving weirdo to her, but weird nonetheless). She had a strange and unreal childhood. On the the other hand it seems she's rebelling and like a typical teen is acting out. On the other hand, she's just finding out her family is a bunch of greedy idiots, on the other hand she seems entitled. On the other hand she's tried her best to take care of her little brothers, on the other hand she doesn't take no for an answer.....

No more hands, she's just screwed up and needs serious therapy and family structure.

STFUP

I'm still wondering who her real father is. I hope it all comes out in the courts...

Tom Liebengood

Get thee to a drama school, then!

paul a.

OK, TMZ u reported this. Now leave her alone. She is only 15 and comes from a REALLY f-uped family.
She needs some space and professional help.
15 yrs old, Harvey! 15!!!

Bea

I hope Paris doesn't read this irresponsible TMZ report. It comes across as cold, cynical and stupid. "Who takes Motrin to kill themselves?" Answer: a 15 years old child! And she didn't just take Motrin, she also cut her arm with a meat cleaver. And who is that source who said: "She's into the drama." That's a very stupid thing to say, what if Paris finds out? Remember she's an unstable young girl right now.

Brite

This comment is to Debbie Rowe.
Do what I do with people that I feel are to young to attend a risky even. I buddy up with them and go to the event with them. It does not matter whether the event is my thing or not, I go and have a good time anyways. I ask the young one what they would like me to wear. So I let them dress me, put my make-up on me, and do my hair. That way they are not embarresed of me and a good time is had by all.

zombie

You bunch at TMZ are bottom feeding morons. How many more NON stories are you going to cull from this?

Addie

I'm not sure you've got it right. She could very well be having hopeless feelings of desperation and doesn't know what to do. She may want HELP - not attention! Calling the suicide hotline is a cry for HELP and she may not know how to obtain that help. Classifying it at "attention seeking" could possibly hurt her so be careful what you write. She is a young fragile girl right now and this is very sad.

Pegasus

TMZ:

Once again, you have proven to all of your lack of morals, ethic's, sensitivity, empathy, standards, etc. to all! Harvey, you and your band of misfits, immature, ignorant, etc. staff have indeed shown that TMZ is now on the same level as that of The National Enquirer and others! Your reporting of things is disrespectful, fabricated to a large extent, while only a kernel remains truthful.

Suicide attempts by any teenager (much less Paris) is a very serious matter. But to say that "she into Drama" as you did - is extremely insensitive! But considering source of your staff, I am not surprised by it at all! This article should be removed!