'Girls' Star Zosia Mamet

Much-Mocked Kickstarter

Fizzles At $2,783

6/9/2013 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0607-zosia-clara-mamet-gettyZosia Mamet is enjoying a cultural moment as one of HBO's "Girls" ... but NOBODY WANTS A CRAPPY MUSIC VIDEO from Shoshanna and her bad-banjo-playing sister ... we know, because their Kickstarter campaign just ended -- and it BOMBED.

The HUGELY MOCKED effort -- which closed today just before 1:00 PM PT -- raised the pathetic sum of $2,783. That's less than 10% of their goal of $32,000 ... and Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing deal ... so they get NOTHING.

Zosia and younger sister Clara announced the video May 26 ... and the Internet trolling was INTENSE ... especially because the self-styled Cabin Sisters say they started the banjo-and-body-percussion band as "an excuse to spend more time together." It didn't help that the girls share a famous father and make TV-star salaries (Clara is on ABC's "The Neighbors).

Some thought the tone-deaf plea was a prank ... meant to call out Zach Braff, Kristen Bell and others for milking Kickstarter ... but TMZ confirmed with reps -- the girls were serious.

Braff and Bell proved that a good idea can BLOW UP on Kickstarter ... Braff's "Wish I Was Here" raised $3,105,473, and the "Veronica Mars" movie raised a whopping $5,702,153.

The Mamet sisters' highest pledge was $100 ... and nobody TOUCHED any of the 7 higher price points ... in all, only 80 people backed the widely publicized project -- most pitching in a buck.

Too bad they can't keep the dough they DID raise ... enough to buy a couple of sad trombones.

Simone

Wow, TMZ, you seem awfully happy about this. Schadenfreude much? This is the first I'm hearing of it, but they sound pretty good on the video. That said, I think it's in poor taste for privileged rich celebs to put anything up on kickstarter. Ask daddy for the dough.

aLeaderNOTaFOLLOWER

Never heard of them.

pattycake

obnoxious.. she is a millionaire... so sick of rich kids

pattycake

she really must do something about those gorilla eye brows... awful looking

static

NFI who they are.

Heather

You realize you guys have spelled Kickstarter wrong in the headlines right?

Santo

If you're an actor on a successful television show, receiving 5-figure paychecks from HBO every month, you shouldn't be begging for money on Kickstarter.

Kickstarter was created for the poor guy with a dream -- not successful, well-connected, self-centered actors who expect the fans to pay for their hobbies.

HAHAHA

The Richer people are the more greedy and pathetic become. these whores should be put up on a noose as an example to all who who have no shame

kathe593

Don't be mean. Both girls are very talented and their music is enjoyable, which is more than I can say about the music of the "drunk driving" or "woman beating" or "arrested for not paying child support", supposed musicions TMZ constantly features.

The WWW

Fact and spell check much? Creative spelling of "kickstarter" and "The Neighbors" is on ABC. Smug idiots.

clit ripper

Good afternoon ladies, I'm available!

Cran

Google their parents and you will understand why they have such self indulgent entitled projects. They believe they are that good.

Ria

“It's so interesting how people will go out of their way to help a celebrity who is has so many resources and yet I couldn't get any help to "SAVE MY SMILE". It's heartbreaking. I had 3 campaigns running & nothing. Here is one of them that ended.

I was embarrassed to ask complete strangers for help but I'd exhausted every other option & was desperate. Someone mentioned crowdfunding so I thought it can't hurt to try. But I would be even more embarrassed to ask for help if I had money, other resources & influential people in my circle of friends & family. Yet even knowing that, people seem to want to bend over backwards to help a celebrity. What would it have taken for a dentist to donate a couple of dental implants to help me but it didn't happen. If I was someone well known I imagine dentists from all over would have donated their services. Why do you think that is? Is it the notoriety that I am unable to offer that makes the difference? I know my dental needs are not life or death situations however it is a quality of life situation. Zac Braff, Melissa Joan Hart & the Cabin Sisters here were not life or death situations either. If their campaigns didn't succeed, it certainly wouldn't have been a big deal for any of them. I analyze things way to much but I often wonder what people are thinking. It's crazy. :o)”

zombie

You can't spell and your facts are wrong. The Neighbors are on ABC.

I Was About To Say