Jane Lynch

My Gay Marriage Is Over

6/10/2013 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0610_jane_lynch_laura_embry_gettyJane Lynch is pulling the plug on her marriage to wife Dr. Lara Embry ... just 3 years after tying the knot in Massachusetts, where gay marriage is legal.

Lynch just released a statement to People.com saying, "Lara and I have decided to end our marriage. This has been a difficult decision for us as we care very deeply about one another."

The 52-year-old "Glee" star met 44-year-old Embry back in 2009 at a fundraiser in San Francisco ... and they married in 2010.

Lynch and Embry are California residents and a California court will almost certainly dissolve the marriage, even though gay marriages are not legal in California.  The State recognizes marriages from places where gay marriage is legal.

Now ... California is a community property state, which means unless there's a prenup, Lynch and Embry would split all assets acquired during the marriage 50/50.  Although Embry's no slouch, Lynch has made a bundle on "Glee" and other projects.

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... they don't have a prenup.

0610_jane_lynch_lara_embry_footer

roll3567

gay divorce a new boom for lawyers.

static

I hope she gets cleaned out financially and has to pay alimony like any other dude who is a douchebag.

Elsa

What does this story have to do with gay marriage??
ha jk

aLeaderNOTaFOLLOWER

Just wondering why when a straight couple gets divorced TMZ doesn't have a headline that says "My Straight Marriage Is Over"... ?

Adam

Got tired of fish every night.

Adam

I heard before the split they gave each other a good tongue lashing..

Los Pepes

ewww

Mumra the Ever Living

Now we'll find out if this marriage was "for real" or just two women having taking a lark.
When the good doctor asks for a 50-50 split will the TV Star deny the nuptials are valid because they live in California?
I truly hope they don't pull anything like that. I agree with the concept gay marriage - love is love, no mater who you're in love with. But marriage isn't a vehicle of convenience or the new LGBT cause - you take the good, you take the bad.

shonenhiikada

So it seems even women eventually get fed up with other women ****.

lazypadawan

Jane will discover the downside of equality as the soon-to-be ex walks off with half. I predict within a decade there will be very, very few gay couples obtaining legal marriages.

spectator72

I have nothing against gays or gay marriage men and men women and woman . I was always for people in love to honor each other .People living together without any abuse .Even people dating no abuse .The last few years all the hype of gay marriage .The media only talks about the rich and famous .Not so much of the working class .

There is one item about gay marriage not many states are talking about .That is Social Security Benefits and after so many years living together it will bring and make new rules and laws for divorced gays .Not only Social Security Benefits but temporary SSI payments .It's way too early now but in the future .Even Workers Comp claims will double . I know I'm going to take flack about this .Any attorney or Union Official will tell you in a few years

Donka Do Ball

I hope these ladies were listening to Michael Douglas.

Leopold butters Stotch

At least it didn't end up in people giving each other knuckle sandwiches.

Truth is

Its not a gay issue, its a human factor issue!!

Colonel Nudge

did that strap cause one or the other impreg-nation?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments