Joel Madden

86'd from Australian Hotel

... FOR WEED

6/11/2013 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0610_joel_madden_01

update_bar
8:32 AM PT -- Madden just addressed the situation on Tumblr ... writing, "Sunday while I was at work, a hotel employee found a small amount of marijuana in my hotel room."

"The police were called and responded. Sydney is is [sic] my adopted home and i appreciate the way the NSW police handled the situation."

"They have informed me there will be no charges. I hope this didn't cause too much drama for anyone."

gray-bar-update
Good Charlotte member Joel Madden -- Nicole Richie's husband -- has been BOOTED from a hotel in Sydney, Australia on Sunday after officials say they found some pot in his room ... TMZ has learned.

According to police in New South Wales, Australia ... cops executed a search warrant at 10:30 pm Sunday night and seized a "small amount of plant matter believed to be cannabis."

Cops wouldn't say if the weed belonged to Madden -- but DID say a 34-year-old man was present during the search. FYI -- Joel is 34.

However, TMZ spoke with the manager of the Darling Hotel who did name names ... saying, "Joel Madden was ejected from the hotel because a small amount of cannabis was found inside his hotel room."

He added, "In Australia there is a 0 tolerance for this no matter where you are."

0104_whatcha_smokin_footer

iiiunk

Howard Robard Hughes JR was 86`ed to mex by me so he COULD get this medical weeds or he would have been jailed

iiiunk

Howard Hughes last days were on medical weeds in mexico sent by me or they would have locked him up here and fined away hios hhokas

iiiunk

Howard Hughes hooka is still in mexico and worth millions

MeDean

Lol Joel ***mon bro

iiiunk

Howard Hughes`s wooden hooka is so BIG that it can`t be shipped back to America from mexico and it takes syder IIIIIIs eyes just to smoke I^T^^

Cartman

Dope is for dopes.

Azi

Australia has gone downhill since the British turned it into a penal colony.

Cilly76

He should go to Nimbin see how much zero tolerance they have there. Lol!

iiiunk

HowardHugheshookah@yahoo.com

spliffsmommy

He should have said the baby stealing dingo planted that weed there..baby stealing dingos are a free pass over there..

GTO

Searched HIS Room? WTF ! Since when is it legal for a hotel to search your room without your consent, even in Australia. Name the hotel TMZ so everyone can stay away and not have their rights violated.

howard hughes hookah

that wasn't weed you dam blits it was Howard Hughes`s cat litter that falled out of the jet as DOA dad was spinning out of control up thiert,old mold weedys dad threw out of the plane when the queen started to tail him

bored

I apologize on behalf of my stupid country and our dumb laws

marlee5574

I guess Australia is living in the past. I don't smoke weed but, I have nothing against it. I think it's silly to be worried about weed when we have much more important things to be concerned about. Silly Aussies.

namers

Geezaloo just legalize the sh!t already.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments