« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Hawk

My Very 1st Skateboard

Is Going to the SMITHSONIAN!

6/14/2013 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0614-tony_hawk_instagramIt's the deck that created a legend ... and now the very first skateboard that Tony Hawk ever owned is going to be enshrined forever in the Smithsonian!

Hawk just posted a photo of his original beat-up board -- made by the Bahne skateboard company -- and we're guessing the item has got to be worth a friggin' fortune.

The board will officially go into the museum during the Innoskate on June 22 -- an event honoring innovators in skate culture.

Fun Fact -- This will be the SECOND Tony Hawk board in the museum ... just a few years ago, he donated one of his faves that he rode in 1987.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Card

I think you Stole mine??

PhilipMarkum

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TONY. You're a true American icon and we all wish you the best.

Fred Farkel

who??

PussLiquor

Who cares about this rappers skateboard, he'll be broke and needing to sell that in 2 years! Gimme my board back yo!!

Toilethead

That would be quite an honor. The Smithsonian can have my dirty underwear too if they like.

braintrain

I know that people say "who?" As some way of giving themselves the thought that they are above everyone else but if you don't know tony hawk u r an idiot.

Lucky_130

Skate or die

News Flash

On display next to Kim Ks placenta.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

So this is what our civilization has come to ---- national museums exhibiting skateboards as their most exquisite treasures. The apocalypse can't be far behind.

Dale

braintrain, I'm saying "who", but not because I think I am better, cause I am a nobody. I am saying who, because I have no freakin clue who he is, and why this persons equipment is there. I thought the Smithsonian was for inventions. So unless he created the skateboard, wtf is it there??

SkoobySnacks

I don't know about the Smithsonian that is a little bit of a stretch. I could see if there was like a skateboard Hall of Fame or something alone those lines...

jd

This is insulting. Wish I was a celebrity and could donate my useless junk to a famous museum. I got some old socks they can display right next to Edison's lightbulb!!

braintrain

@dale....for some reason I can't type when I hit reply....but your point is valid.

moveover

What's next? A hula hoop display? Or, a roller skate or pogo stick section? Sheeesh! What a stupid, waste of space at the Smithsonion.

static

A slacker who figured out how to make a living being a slacker.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments