Lil Wayne

Tramples

American Flag

6/17/2013 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0617-lil-wayne-american-flag-primary

Lil Wayne
trampled the American flag over the weekend ... and there's footage.

Weezy performed the stunt while shooting his new music video for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans.

Trampling the flag

• Free speech
  • Unforgivable
During the shoot, Wayne begins rapping in front of a giant American flag ... which is released to the ground. After it's on the floor, Wayne continues to rap ... while stepping all over the stars and stripes.

The lyrics to Wayne's song are just as controversial ... "My country 'tis of thee / Sweet land of kill 'em all and let 'em die / God bless Amerika / This ole' godless Amerika."

So we gotta ask ...

0617_patriotic_people_footer

TipseyMcStagger

This zoo creature needs to be take out.

Extrachromosomal

Americans really need to calm the **** down.. I don't like Lil Wayne, he's a talentless ****ing excuse of a rapper, but he just walked on a flag. It's a flag. It's made out of nylon. It's just a piece of nylon. He didn't set it on fire, it was just on the ground and part of a scene. Calm down, please!

Carrie

Wow a**hole..
There are many other countries out there - choose one. And don't let the door hit you in the ass.
How about Cuba?

kathy Bamert

What a moron.

Cherice

TMZ, BLAME THE GUY WHO DROPPED THE FLAG WHILE WAYNE WAS PACING LEFT AND RIGHT. o.o

Dingo Ate My Baby

He is going to OD on sizzurp pretty soon so I guess it doesn't matter.

mary

the comment about brainwashing was a reply to dannielle123. she had stated that we are brain washed for our love of the flag and what it represents. many men fought and died under that flag and it should be respected. sorry they posted it to my comment by mistake

Jimmy Joe James

I do not like this guy for one bit...but it's not really hard to see that it was completely unintentional and a story that really doesn't deserve as much attention as it's getting if you actually watch the video.

Jimmy Joe James

JennaKennedy

Maybe he and Dennis Rodman can move to Cuba and stay there....both are A$$es.

SureThing

Now, the U.S. flag is supposed to be burned once it hits the ground.

sister278

Why don't the people that hate it here just move out of the country. See ya!

Dan

I voted free speech because it is free speech, but that doesn't make it right. There are many things covered under the 1st Amendment but that doesn't make them right. I have the right to say "I hate " but that doesn't make it right, but it is protected under our Constitution. I never have liked Lil' Wayne, and I like him even less now, but I will defend his right to free speech, especially in this world where our freedoms are being eroded on an epic scale never seen before in this country.

E

Uneducated prick. Talk all you want how things are messed up in this country, but don't mess with the flag. In my eyes, the flag represents the good things about America and too many people died for it. If I ever see that little prick, he's gonna catch an earfull. Kid needs an ass kicking to teach him some respect.

john

He made his money in the U.S.A. he is a peice of carp, move to CUBA see how you like it there, you *******