Miss Utah

Epic Meltdown

Wants to 'Create Education Better'

6/17/2013 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
You Gotta See This!

061713_miss_utah_launchMiss Utah is now in the beauty pageant Hall of Fame -- not because she won Miss USA, but because she bumbled through a cringe-inducing (and hysterical) 30 second answer that included the phrase, "create education better."

Judge Nene Leakes asked Marissa Powell about women in the workplace and equal pay -- which sent 21-year-old Miss Utah into a tailspin of a reply.

She starts out kinda strong, saying ... "I think we can relate this back to education, and how we are continuing to try to strive to ... " -- and then the fail begins.

Pretty sure you can see the smoke coming out of her ears as the implosion begins.

She's really pretty though.

0617_missusa_footer

Jordan

Donald Trump must have sat in the Audience so Proud telling everyone that Miss Utah will be the next Mrs,. Donald Trump.

sexxijessi0525

ok... ya she's an idiot.. but so is pauly d..why IN THE HELL WOULD HE PLAY A CHRIS BROWN SONG??? THOSE POOR GIRLS HAD TO DANCE TO IT ... I WOULD BE COMPLETELY MORTIFIED... A CONVICTED WOMAN BEATER ,,,WHY DIDNT THEY JUST ASK CHRIS BROWN TO BE A JUDGE AS WELL...??????

Mars414

Boys & girls, it's a BEAUTY contest, not a BRAINS contest. Don't feel sorry for her - beautiful women are sought after by rich & powerful men. She'll be just fine.

Mandy

I feel for her a bit, but I can't believe she won after that answer...

charlei harper

I wants to make mo' money and in odor to make mo' money yoots gotta be mo edjamacated, then it you make mo' money, then you have mo' money to buy things that are shiney, there I've say it and thats the trooth..............................

JeffyJeff

Cant fix stupid!

Teresa

Can someone tell me if she made it to the final 5 before or after an answer like that?

Deco

I don't watch women's volley ball for the sport of it and I don't care about brains in beauty pageant contestants.

Michelle

I feel for this girl. I'm sure she's not as dumb as she comes off here. I'm a smart woman (degree in science! professional writer!) but I get anxious in the spotlight and sometimes even I can't believe the stupid **** that comes out my mouth.

dangit

@Lauri - my roomie entered Miss America when she was 18 won the local and state and Miss America title and never did it before in her life. BUT she is very talented and VERY smart BUT it also went to her head which was her downfall. The only practice she got was from her coach and that wasn't very much because she was also in college studying and studying her music at the same time.

Elizabeth Alan

hahaha - bless her heart. I would tell her it goes back to a time before Adam and Eve. However, Adam blamed woman for his disobedience, and for causing mankind to fall into sin, and he did not step up and become accountable for his own actions. This is only the tip of the iceberg and I could write a book about it.... oh, wait!

dangit

What does that tell you about society? That women are telling men they don't need to put up with their crap any longer and they don't need them to help support them. Women can do just fine on their own thank you very much.

Steve

She's not there because she's smart.

Nvts

I think she answered the question beautifully. So are we good then?—why men make more money than women!!!!

Jericho Morton

I keep Standard Poodles, they are so smart and cute. The thing is sometimes, they get that look too when they are not sure if they continue prancing about on their back legs or have a poop. It is a really stressful moment of separation of the brain-stem from the mind. Sometimes they do both, but they always have that same distant terror in the eyes. Classic.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments