Miss Utah

Epic Meltdown

Wants to 'Create Education Better'

6/17/2013 7:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
You Gotta See This!

061713_miss_utah_launchMiss Utah is now in the beauty pageant Hall of Fame -- not because she won Miss USA, but because she bumbled through a cringe-inducing (and hysterical) 30 second answer that included the phrase, "create education better."

Judge Nene Leakes asked Marissa Powell about women in the workplace and equal pay -- which sent 21-year-old Miss Utah into a tailspin of a reply.

She starts out kinda strong, saying ... "I think we can relate this back to education, and how we are continuing to try to strive to ... " -- and then the fail begins.

Pretty sure you can see the smoke coming out of her ears as the implosion begins.

She's really pretty though.

0617_missusa_footer

Stiletto

Don't blame the clown when you're the circus that put out the "help wanted" sign.

anon.

At least she tried, LOL

Kabukigirl

Oh good grief!!!!! Maybe she will need some of that "better education". I can't stand beauty pageants, dont' watch them. Saw this on the news. Just pathetic. It was not a difficult question! I get you are in front of a huge crowd, but you probably have to be in lots of these stupid things to get this far. And not like she was asked to explain Einstein's theory of relativity or Freud's "Oedipal complex" !!!!!

GAWKER

There are three things in my bucket list.
First, I would love to own a dog. In fact, I am scared of dogs because of my horrific experience I had with them when I was a child. Once, a gigantic dog came over at me, and I fell down really hard. However, whenever I get to see dogs on tv or on the streets, I just cannot resist myself from thinking owning tons of them. If i do get to own dogs, I would love to have little dogs like puddle, chihuahua or pomeranian.

Second of all, I would love to travel the entire world. Especially, I would love to go to the States, Greece and Italy. Whenever I see traveling reality shows, I cannot stop thinking about actually going to one of those places. It would be better to travel with a good friend, instead of traveling alone. It would be amazing to spend some quality time with my best friend in different places around the world. I would love to make foreign friends around the world by traveling, so that I can show them around in Korea.

Lastly, I would love to with a lotto. Let’s say the winning amount of Lotto is $10 million. I would put $4 million into my savings to make more money out of it. I would spend four million five hundred thousand dollars for my parents. I would spend remaining two million five hundred thousand dollars for my condo and car in Seoul. Lastly, I would donate remaining $1 million to charity.

Laura

Poor thing---she was all dressed up and had nowhere to go as soon as she opened her mouth.

wow

She looks like a tranni

mora

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 1

doucher

Typical. Pretty American girl knows nothing.

Fred Farkel

Meltdown??

Hardly.

Plus - the 1st prize still belongs to MISS CONNECTICUT for her speech on education in America: "... like such as South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as..."

lander

women earn less because they work at safe and easy jobs, and their work ethic sucks in comparison to men.

Nancy

I saw that in the news and I just cringed. It was bad.

James R. - Los Angeles

She wasn't as bad as Jay Carney answering the White House press or Obamination giving a lying speech to the American public.

Foghorn Longhorn

She said "Create Education Better" NOT "Create Better Education!" TMZ is "stupider" than she is!!!

JB

What an incredibly "softball" question. Why in 2013 would any woman be afraid to simply say that women & men should be paid equally for equal work. Of course, the flaw with this question is that two heads-of-households don't necessarily have comparable jobs - which might be too ambitious a concept for some beauty contestants.

Azi

UH, OH ! I get the feeling we're going to have another winner with "Backdoor Miss Utah"!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments