« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Allen Iverson

I'm Not Holding My Kids Hostage

6/18/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0617-getty-allen-iversonFormer NBA superstar Allen Iverson has returned his kids to their mother ... and insists he was NEVER holding them hostage in the first place ... at least that's what A.I. claimed in court last week.

We broke the story ... Iverson's ex-wife filed court docs insisting Allen had all 5 of their kids holed up at an Atlanta hotel and refused to hand them over to their mother on the designated swap date.

But TMZ has learned ... Allen appeared in Fulton County court in Georgia last Wednesday and told the judge his ex-wife had full access to their kids during their stay at the hotel ... and therefore he wasn't doing anything wrong. We're told Tawanna also testified that she could have picked up the children from Allen but didn't want to drive 45 minutes to his location.

After A.I.'s testimony, the judge decided the former Philadelphia 76ers star didn't deserve to be thrown in jail -- despite his ex-wife's request before the hearing.  The kids -- ranging from ages 3 to 16 -- were returned to their mother following the hearing.

In fact, sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... Allen and his ex have worked out some of their issues ... and she has already allowed Allen to spend more private time with the kids.

So far, no comment from either side.

0131_daddy_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IwuvTMZ

He's trying to make other people believe it too.

mememeee

mother's like her, make it hard for four the good mom's! she should've went to jail for wasting time& money! I guess she would let him have them more now, it's summer! she gotta get her party on!

BlueGoldGirl

What is so hard about getting the kids back to the other parent on the designated exchange date? It does not matter that she "had access" to the kids, it was his responsibility to meet her at the time of the exchange at the designated place for the exchange. It's called willful disregard. Sucks when any parent starts doing this, as it only hurts the kids.

amyd

She didn't want to drive 45 minutes? Wow!!! Poor kids. I think they're better off with Allen. The kids should be asked who they'd rather be with.

freshrodc

This Bitch is scorned!

L♥ve

When are people going to understand that pulling this kind of stuff hurts the children, it isn't fair to them.

Sexyleo

This bitch is really bugging the **** out really she couldn't drive to get the kids lazy bitch.. Leave allen iverson alone pleases he's been through enough damnit, and tawanna grow the **** up and get a ****ing job. Real talk real women don't act like that!!!

Laura

A lot of liars out in the universe today.

KicksandGiggles

5 Kids in a hotel room? Hell yes, they would eventually go home to their mother!!! He did good to last this long!!

mrs.belcher

The bitch is mad he aint got the money like he use to the bitch needs to stop chase $$ and find a way remember when he was in philly and shewas chaseing him hes a ball player **** hes still my crush **** her

Joseph Goldberg

For anyone really interested in Parental Alienation and what it is all about visit the website : www.Parentalalienation.ca and the Facebook Page: Parental Alienation Consulting Services.
In cases of parental alienation lawyers are not experts in this field of expertise.

meme

She really starting to work my nerve... How the hell is it his fault because u didn't want to drive to pick up your kids..Are y'all sure she's the more mature parent??? I really think allen needs custody, point black period... she's a idiot, I never did like her...

meme