Ad Mogul Charles Saatchi

'Cautioned' By Cops After

CHOKING WIFE

6/18/2013 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_charles_saatchi_magazine_cover
Advertising mogul Charles Saatchi -- one of the biggest art collectors in the world -- was given an official "caution" by London police after photos emerged showing the 70-year-old CHOKING HIS WIFE with his bare hands.

The story is exploding in the U.K. ... after photos surfaced showing Saatchi with his hands wrapped tightly around the neck of his wife Nigella Lawson -- a celebrity chef who recently appeared on "The Taste."

The photos were taken while Saatchi and Lawson were having dinner last week at Scott’s in Mayfair -- a very posh London restaurant.

Saatchi insisted he wasn't trying to hurt Lawson -- claiming they were merely in the middle of a "playful tiff." The look of sheer terror on Lawson's face says otherwise ...

Saatchi also said, "The pictures are horrific but give a far more drastic and violent impression of what took place. Nigella’s tears were because we both hate arguing, not because she had been hurt."

Lawson has reportedly left the couple's home with her children -- though Saatchi insists he sent her away to escape the media blitz until "the dust settled."

0618_nigella_lawson_through_the_years_footer

CoCo

What an ass. Playful tiff?? I'd hate to see what he calls an arguement. There should be a spot in hell reserved for people who are abusive.

Glenda

That was not a playful tif that is someones attempt to intimidate and threaten the person it is directed to. If Nigella values herself she will walk away from this animal and never look back. NO ONE I repeat NO ONE has that right to put their hand or hands on someone in this manner joking or no joking and I highly doubt this was. He is a bully and she was upset and terrified.

Carl

Even if he wasn't actually trying to choke her, anyone that would put their hands around the throat of someone else (especially his wife) during an argument lacks control. It would only take him being a little more upset in a private setting and he could easily snap into real choking.

Lucy

Sounds like the justice system in London operates like the justice system in L.A.

tippy katz

even if EVEN IF he means what he says, and he didn't physically hurt her, you can not touch someone in that way without emotionally and spiritually violating and abusing them. her face says it all. but there's a chance he believes what he says. even though it's a load of sh#t.

Trina

This man should have been arrested!

gutsygirl

My ex used to say that he never hit me: He choked, shoved, pushed and spit, but was smart enough not to leave a physical mark. It is all about ego and control. She needs to pick up what little self-esteem she has left and never look back. Thankfully, I did.

zzyzx

Whatever he told her, I bet he didn't have to tell her twice!

Eric

JEEBUS ****ING CHRIST!!!! When are the people going to rise up and no longer allow the special treatment that being rich gets you from the law???? I can't wait til I'm rich so I can kill all the people who piss me off with no worry of any punishment.

FROM HELL

What a little pu$$y

taz

If that's how they act in public, imagine what happens at home. Sad that not a single person acted to stop their "tiff".

Brianmc4233

Lets see how many racist jokes about him being a "******" on here pops up. Probably none bc he is white. So its not his fault he choked her, its the camera guy who took the pictures fault

Frankenpussy

I challenge him to come choke me.

Frankenpussy

Nigella is hot!

Max

Ditch him Nigella. After one season of The Taste, America wants much, much more of you.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments