J. Cole

Blackmailed on Internet

by Gun Toting Fan

6/18/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0618_JCOLE_TWEET_twitter
Rapper J. Cole was basically extorted by a sick fan who tweeted a photo of a little girl with a gun to her head ... and claimed he would shoot her if Cole did not respond to his message.

The fan tweeted last night "@JColeNC retweet me and I'll buy Born Sinner. Don't retweet me and I'll kill my lil sister."

Shortly after the threatening tweet, which refers to Cole's new album ... Cole did indeed retweet the message.

It's unclear if the gun is real or where the twisted bastard behind the tweet actually lives. The account, which we're not revealing, claims to be out of Saudi Arabia -- but the truth is it could be anywhere in the world.

We reached out to police in North Carolina -- where J. Cole lives -- to see if they were investigating ... but they hadn't heard anything about it.

We also contacted Twitter headquarters ... a rep said the company doesn't comment on individual accounts to protect privacy

This morning J. Cole commented about the incident, saying ... "Wildest s**t I ever seen on twitter."

update_bar
3:33 PM PT The fan's Twitter account appears to have been taken down. It is no longer loading.

11:15 AM PT
  The fan is now downplaying his tweet by claiming it's a BB gun in the photo -- apparently, oblivious to the fact even a BB gun could seriously harm a child at that range.

static

NFI who he is.

dreamer4u

What a sick individual!

JustAnotherWithAnOpinion

Poor little girl. I hope they find him!

zombiepunch

another fine example of people who shouldn't breed.

paige

There isn't one in the chamber because the hammer isn't ****ed and in the down position. Looks like a real(ish) I'd say real, 1911 of sorts. There is a special place in hell for people like this. This man will be joining my ex no doubt lol!

Wow ...

What a loser. I believe the child needs to be taken away from her home, for her own safety. So incredibly sad!!1

CJ

#1 rule is NEVER point a weapon (bb or not) at anyone at anytime unless you are planning to fire. This includes jokes. He probaly also had his finger on the trigger which again is another huge no-no. They should find him and charge him.

John

Ok TMZ your not gun experts and a bbgun doesnt mean ****.... there are bbguns than do 300fps and some than do 1200 fps.

now pointing ANY gun at anyone should be ground for being shot onsite....

This is no normal bbgun... or a real gun... but a airsoft cheap ass 1911 knock off

at 250fps the airsoft bb isn't going to break the skin..

"BB gun could seriously harm a child at that range." complete bs

My friends and I used to shoot each other with those old marksman bb pistols about 200 fps.. maybe 300... never broke skin.. now my .22 breakdown rifle that does 1200 fps will drop anything a normal 22 would do..

you need 500+ to do bad damage and crap chinese airsoft and cheap 20 buck bbguns your not going to get that power.. I have 6 of them right here and killed 100's of rabbits etc I know.

LunarJunk

This is sick! I hope they find this sick fu(k!

Bigmack10

That makes them an accomplice to RT.

kitnplayn

HOW DARE YOU CORRUPT THAT CHILD. YOU ARE LOWER THAN A SLUG.

Emily

Let me tell you.. if this was my son and I found this picture He would want the police to get to him first. How dare he! Needs his ass beat :) The lack of discipline and respect in this world needs changing. Bless all!

Glenn

Wow someone needs to whoop this kids a$$ everyday for a month.

baloop

we contacted the police in north carolina to see if they are investigating

Change the name of ur website to snitchMZ.

Mr.Velvet