Lil Wayne

FLAG TRAMPLE WAS AN ACCIDENT

I Didn't See It There

6/18/2013 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_lil_wayne_flag_youtubeLil Wayne is lying through his diamond-encrusted teeth ... claiming he didn't INTENTIONALLY step on the American flag during a video shoot ... despite the fact he can be seen looking down on Old Glory several times during the performance.

Wayne just tweeted about his controversial video shoot for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans ... saying, "I didn't step on the flag on purpose! It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drop it's just there as I perform."

Translation -- I swear it was an accident ... please don't hate me.

Problem is ... during the video, you can see Wayne look down on the flag at several points in the shoot ... yet continues to trample all over the stars and stripes.

So ... you buyin' Weezy's explanation?

seanp777

What people dont understand is the actual flag falling and stepping on it isn't offensive ( its just cloth) . What's offensive is what that piece of cloth ( that's how they must view it ) represents people who died for them and for the ideas and wealth if this nation. He may feel because he's black that he doesn't fit the mold. Alot of black people in this country feel this resentment . However , they dont know their history and all the brave black men and women , as well as other races , that died for our freedom. I love his music , but this is disgraceful. Not going to boycott though

Renee

If this liar does not like this country, he is free to leave at any time. I think it would be a great idea!

JD

How do you not see a red, white and blue massive flag? I'm calling bs on that

Fergi

It is just as disrespectful to let the flag touch the ground! And he is a douche liar

h1hnh00

The goal was to piss all of you off which he had so if you ask me you all are stupid because your spending time commenting and getting all upset!

shay Jon

Piece of ****. ugly ****.

salys1123

LIL WAYNE IS A BITCH THATS WHY STEPHEN HOBBS CALLED HIM OUT IN THIS SONG http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=pUDrC2Stiag&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpUDrC2Stiag

Paul2281

KARMA`s a bitch....What comes around goes around dumb ass....Next time you have a spasm maybe you might not recover from it IDIOT....

marlee5574

You can tell he never fought for this country. If you hate america, just leave. You won't be missed.

dianne

Then why was he looking down at it?

Piaso

This guy is a punk! Total piece of ****. A jail bird that shouldn't even be allowed to perform in this country.

GodlessAmerika

Tha Fact Pple Judge Him Cause He Step On Tha Flag And Haven't Seen Tha Hold ****ing Video To Tha Song This Country Have Always Been Basic On Racism If It Was A White Person Doing Tha Same Thing Nobody Would Never Acknowledge It Remember Tha Guy Adam Said He Don't Like America On National T.V. But Since It's Lil Wayne He Gotta Get Stoned Or Hated On It's A Flag If He Really Diss America It Would Been Him Burning Tha Flag More Than Ever I Know What Kanye West Mean When He Said We Tha New Slaves

*SEMPER FI USMC*

IF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO CLOSELY YOU WILL SE ALL INVOLVED AND YOU CAN TELL IT WAS PLANNED!!! TOTAL DISRESPECT.... *SEMPER FI USMC*

Cherice

WEEZY DOESN'T LIE. I BELIEVE HIM. Case Closed!

Cook

Just another piece of crap and a liar.