Lil Wayne

FLAG TRAMPLE WAS AN ACCIDENT

I Didn't See It There

6/18/2013 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_lil_wayne_flag_youtubeLil Wayne is lying through his diamond-encrusted teeth ... claiming he didn't INTENTIONALLY step on the American flag during a video shoot ... despite the fact he can be seen looking down on Old Glory several times during the performance.

Wayne just tweeted about his controversial video shoot for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans ... saying, "I didn't step on the flag on purpose! It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drop it's just there as I perform."

Translation -- I swear it was an accident ... please don't hate me.

Problem is ... during the video, you can see Wayne look down on the flag at several points in the shoot ... yet continues to trample all over the stars and stripes.

So ... you buyin' Weezy's explanation?

G. S

Was this *actually* an American flag? I didn't think it was legal to drop them on the ground like that, and if I wanted to drop and then dance on it for a music video I'd get a fake one. Like 12 stripes, incorrect stripe pattern, or misaligned stars.

If it's real that's not too bright on the producer's part; they do make 'false' flags for this purpose you know. You don't need to use a real one.

Morwrei

I support the constitutional right to freedom of speech, even desecrating such a powerful symbol as the American flag. Having said that, I think its cowardly of Lil Wayne to back down from his artistic and political expression by claiming he did not know it was there. I just don't buy that. He knew. Of course he knew. I was just sitting here with my son explaining why I support his freedom of speech only to read now that he is backing down. He just lost my respect!

Vince

Is he that stupid that he did not know that the choreographed moves included a flag on the ground....a disrespectful act unto itself and then expect us all to believe that he didn't see the 14 foot long red white and blue flag under his worthless feet? So everyone are you as stupid as this waste of flesh thinks you are or are you going to let this reject know you do not like being considered a fool who will believe anything your told.....

Muhutdafuga

The flag shouldn't be on the ground in the first place.

truevindication

Who OK'd it to be dropped on the floor anyway? That's already horrible. When Katy Perry filmed her music video and she's dancing under that huge flag, the Marines around her REFUSED to set it on the ground and REFUSED when she wanted to drape around her, flowing on the ground behind her. Even if he didn't mean to step on it, NO ONE there should have even let it be dropped to the ground.

Bud316

Skeezy, you are off my list now. You truely are a piece of dog ****. You hate the country but sure as hell love cashing American checks though.. Since you have the money, maybe its time to go back to the "Muthaland"? See how well your **** sells over there..

Bud316

Dan

The poll reveals that 8% of the people are gullible idiots

Kevlar99

How disrespectful! The flag has touched the ground, it needs to disposed of properly, preferably by burning (The United States Flag Code).

So why don't we wrap lil rappin moron in that flag and then burn it?

Anne

and this is news because????Who cares- he is shooting a video and best of all, copying Minnie Pearl by wearing the tags still on his hat......BTW, he might want to spend a little more money of video production and maybe throw in a choreographer .....

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I agree totally that he didn't do it on purpose. I think he just didn't give a shvt what it was. It was something that was in his way and screw that. Short-bus fvcker has no regard for the American flag; to him flag or dirt would have made no difference because it was HE who was important. I can't wait until he has the last grand mal seizure and gets it over with.

Crakapls

For a rapper he sure is a *****! Man up and tell the truth!

Rez™

Of course those who want to be offended are going to be offended and you're not going to change their mind. If he hadn't stepped on it, those people would be protesting that the flag was dropped to the ground. But I think it's clear that he wasn't doing so intentionally or maliciously; it happened to fall where he was standing. He wasn't stomping, he wasn't grinding his feet into it. His tweet does NOT say that he didn't see it - the wording of this article puts words in his mouth. He clearly says that it wasn't intentional, it just happened to drop behind him near his feet. What was he supposed to do, kick it out of the way? Yeah, that wouldn't have been jumped on. I'm not a big fan of Li'l Wayne, so I don't have a horse in this race. It was unfortunate and unintentional. Now, let it drop. (No pun intended.)

SCAGNASTY

He's just shooting a video.. Hollywood burns flags, blows up white houses, kills presidents every other movie.. No news here... Our government is tha real one stomping on the American flag with bad decision made daily..

Alie

he probably knew but didn't think it was a big deal or that it would blow up like this and now he's backtracking...

lovely

It's just a flag.America treat everyone like shirt what y'all care. Look at what they put us through the hell with the flag