Lil Wayne

FLAG TRAMPLE WAS AN ACCIDENT

I Didn't See It There

6/18/2013 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618_lil_wayne_flag_youtubeLil Wayne is lying through his diamond-encrusted teeth ... claiming he didn't INTENTIONALLY step on the American flag during a video shoot ... despite the fact he can be seen looking down on Old Glory several times during the performance.

Wayne just tweeted about his controversial video shoot for "God Bless Amerika" in New Orleans ... saying, "I didn't step on the flag on purpose! It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drop it's just there as I perform."

Translation -- I swear it was an accident ... please don't hate me.

Problem is ... during the video, you can see Wayne look down on the flag at several points in the shoot ... yet continues to trample all over the stars and stripes.

So ... you buyin' Weezy's explanation?

Katye_M

That explanation's not any better because it's inappropriate to have the flag even touch the ground. Or maybe he thought the ground was gold plated. Try again!

Tyler

One thing I found interest that is not shown in the pic above is that it was a white guy that released the flag that was hanging before Lil Wayne stepped on it. So everyone that is making this into a racial thing is ignorant. That white guy is just as stupid as Lil Wayne.

Smart

Cant take away his reputation in the rap game and what he has built upon. I just think its sad that many rappers make a living of being stereotypical. These actions are things that society expects from african americans. Its disappointing that hes proving them right. Just remember people, scrubs and rags come in all shapes and colors dont get stuck on the race comments.

jen

effin punk...he should be deported to the effin middle of the ocean...young men and women dying for this effin black punk arsehole...eff him..leave this country and take all you effin rappers with you....disgusting vile punk....

texaschickeee

After the $hit he pulled with The Till family and how badly he disrespects his own community why are you shocked he tramples the flag. Once he started seeing how bad the back lash was with THIS stunt he is sorry. He is sorry, a sorry piece of $hit.

ray

It is a shame that your pants don't actually catch on FIRE.

Hate TMZ

He doesn't even know it IS the American flag. Probably thought it was just part of the set.
Idiot!

mike

Where was this video shot those people look dirty as he ll

Dale

Now isn't he an example for young, impressionable minds? This behavior is no different than his previous actions. And unfortunately a fairly accurate predictor of his future behavior.
It's a sad commentary on some segments of our society that this is not only acceptable, but even considered admirable.

loulou

I believe him. I mean this is the same dude who drinks codeine on a regular.

Mogimme

Then he looked down and sure could tell he was on the flag but did not know he was doing anything wrong. Some people don't know you should not walk on the flag. I was surprised they dropped it on the ground to begin with.

Susan62509

Lil Wayne said: "It's a scene in a video where the flag drops behind me and after it drops it's just there as I perform." Obviously this uneducated idiot was not aware of the symbolism of our American Flag or he doesn't have an ounce of patriotism in his body along with the uneducated idiot who purposely released our flag to touch the ground. Hopefully his next video shoot will be on the edge of the Grand Canyon. Wonder if he'll pay attention to where he's stepping then?

Tyler

All you uneducated idiots making racial slurs should probably leave the country. Last time I checked the President of the United States is Black.

Jane

Don’t tell me you’re an F****n retard!! The dude on the ladder intently drops the flag on the ground!! Then what do you expect to happen next “walk around it”, you dumb ass!! It’s part of the show!! FIRST: the black turd shouldn’t drop our flag on the ground! SECOND: shouldn’t act like an ungrateful piece of sh*t and walk on it, what message do you think he’s stating! If he’s unhappy here in the USA, then I will be more that happy to personally pay for his expense to send his ass and the rest back to Africa.

Carol

He's a liar. He looked down at it a couple of times.