Men's Wearhouse Guy

FIRED!!!!!!

6/19/2013 7:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0619_George-Zimmer_getty
update_bar
9:49 AM PT --
Yep, it's nasty.

Zimmer just fired back at MW through a statement released to CNBC ... saying, "Over the past several months I have expressed my concerns to the Board about the direction the company is currently heading."

"Instead of fostering the kind of dialogue in the Boardroom that has in part contributed to our success, the Board has inappropriately chosen to silence my concerns through termination as an executive officer."

gray-bar-update
Men's Wearhouse
did not like the way George Zimmer looked as executive chairman ... 'cause the suit chain just FIRED his ass!!!!

FYI -- the famously-bearded Zimmer didn't just FOUND the company in 1973, he also served as the spokesperson and is known for his slogan -- "You're going to like the way you look, I guarantee it."

The company announced the termination in a blunt statement ... and explained, "The board expects to discuss with Mr. Zimmer the extent, if any, and terms of his ongoing relationship with the company."

Sounds like a pretty nasty breakup.

In the meantime, here's a commercial to remember him by ...

Hera

You're going to like the way you look...at the end of the unemployment line

Michelle Neal

Just shocking that they would oust him in such an uncool way. Granted, we have no clue what went on inside the boardroom, maybe the guy is a jerk but I did like his voice.

KissMint

That just sucks to be fired from the company you found.
The company is a public company so he did something right ......till those greedy management and board of directors took over.

ABB

The Earl Scheib of suits. I'll sell you any Armani *inspired* suit for just $99.95!

Don

never sell shares in your company.

Dobby

I know nothing about him, except that he had a sexy, sexy voice.

Jill

The man has a net worth of 800 million dollars.......He'll get over being fired rather quickly....I GUARANTEE IT!

todd

he can be a body double for Dos Equis beer....the second most interesting man in the world

stinky mcgee

They can hire our local car salesman - he's been ripping off George Zimmers tagline since he opened shop. He even tries to imitate the affect.

Bernard

But I liked the way he looks.

dstitz

Who gives a fffff

shanon

Speaking as someone who worked there, and worked closely with sister company David's Bridal, Men's Warehouse just isn't what it use to be. I would go so far as to use the word ghetto. Go to yelp and just look at the reviews of either location. Granted their prices are decent, for what their suits and dresses go through (you'd be shocked with what I've had to clean out of items that have been tried on by numerous customers), their prices could be better. Granted if you're on a tight budget it works, and there are good sales associates out there, the company itself just doesn't put much effort into each store.

Just my personal experience.

charlei harper

that's like firing Cal Worthington...nobody is safe anymore...you'll be fine Mr. Zimmer...I guarantee it.

Winston1

He was annoying.

some guy

"He's gonna like unemployment. I guarantee it."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments