Men's Wearhouse Guy

FIRED!!!!!!

6/19/2013 7:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0619_George-Zimmer_getty
update_bar
9:49 AM PT --
Yep, it's nasty.

Zimmer just fired back at MW through a statement released to CNBC ... saying, "Over the past several months I have expressed my concerns to the Board about the direction the company is currently heading."

"Instead of fostering the kind of dialogue in the Boardroom that has in part contributed to our success, the Board has inappropriately chosen to silence my concerns through termination as an executive officer."

gray-bar-update
Men's Wearhouse
did not like the way George Zimmer looked as executive chairman ... 'cause the suit chain just FIRED his ass!!!!

FYI -- the famously-bearded Zimmer didn't just FOUND the company in 1973, he also served as the spokesperson and is known for his slogan -- "You're going to like the way you look, I guarantee it."

The company announced the termination in a blunt statement ... and explained, "The board expects to discuss with Mr. Zimmer the extent, if any, and terms of his ongoing relationship with the company."

Sounds like a pretty nasty breakup.

In the meantime, here's a commercial to remember him by ...

Winston1

He got fired because he was so annoying. I guarantee it.

Jay W.

He's gonna sail of into the sunset With a robust severance... I guarantee it.

Suncatcher

Zimmer is founder and the company, with him at the helm, just posted their 1st Quarter results - 23% increase in gross profits (what most companies would kill for these days). Unless he's dealing meth, is a pedophile or skimming profits (but refer to the 23%), or all of the above, he must have done something REALLY bad for this kind of falling out - and right at the start of the company's Annual Stockholders Meeting.
PS - I thought he was an excellent spokesperson for their 1,143 stores... hmmmmm

charlei harper

idiocy fascinates me

Nikki

Life is so lonely .I am a single and rich man at present .I need a woman who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos on..Imadouche.Com..under the name of Craig=. it's where for meeting successful rich men & classy mature women, who are searching for their special someone.Please Check it out!I’m serious.dgdf

Tobias Merriweather

Never heard of him or his company.

Shannon

George, YOU ROCK. Start a new store and put them under.

Jim

Sounds like the Board of Directors let their EGO's get in the way of good business practices. Basically, you NEVER "get rid" of the FOUNDER of the company. What fools they are.

News Flash

All these diet plans must be working.

billy

What if I don't like the way I look? Does the guarantee still apply, or am I SOL?

Youphemism

Figures. One of the last few establishments to which I maintain extreme brand loyalty. Until today, I would never consider buying a suit anywhere else, and it's all because of Zimmer's policy, which include a trained sales staff, no pressure, good prices, and perfect service. But perhaps more important to many of you, Zimmer was a very early proponent of medical marijuana, and donated to the cause long before it was popular or even likely to pass.

Very bad decision, MW. My business will follow George.

Charles27

You guys are crazy for firing George Zimmer. Are you crazy? Get ready for some backlash money grubbers. Btw, think you could have build an empire?? Doubtful anyone on the board could have build squat!

Toilethead

I think they made a huge mistake. He always came across as a good guy. A lot of companies would love to have him as a spokesperson.

Mike

I have no idea what type of executive officer he might be, but as a spokesman he's terrific and the board has made a huge mistake. I've purchased a few things from these guys over the years and it was because of the commercials. I mean c'mon, he's a normal guy telling you that he can hook you up with some decent suits at a good price, and heck, he'll even toss in an extra pair of pants! Why would I go elsewhere?

mary

i hate to hear this,he was a really good sales/people person. he was nice and treated everyone like they were important to him. we bought several suits there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments