Kim and Kanye

BABY NAME REVEALED

6/21/2013 6:25 AM PDT UPDATED: 6/21/2013 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620_kanye_west_kim_kardashian_article_tmz
update_bar
TMZ has obtained North West's birth certificate ... and she doesn't have a middle name!

gray-bar-update
What do Kim Kardashian's new baby and the Space Needle have in common?

They're both NORTH WEST ... TMZ has learned.

Seriously, that's the kid's name ... according to the birth certificate from Cedars-Sinai hospital.

There were rumors floating around a few months ago that Kim and Kanye West might give the baby a directional name ... but who thought they would actually go through with it?

And when you look at the options -- West West is redundant ... South West is an airline ... and East West leads to nowhere.

So, by default ... North West it is!

Congratulations little girl.

0912_names_footer

lexi

-_- that poor child will have the worst childhood knowing who her parents wtf names there child North

AHMA

So what's the BIG deal with the name, North West?
My daughters went to school, over 20 + years ago with 2 brothers whose last name was also WEST. Their names were: North and South, respectively and their dad's name was FAR EAST West.

Gigi

if Iwas the baby in the future I would have my name changed and tell my parents off

Leigh

Geospatial Coordinate West would have been a much more impressive directional name IMO.

sj

Kim used to date Reggie Bush right. So if the two would have had a kid, would its name be Hairy Bush..... Morons!

Mia

Brainless!! I guess Kim wanted to give credit to RJ for writing the first song about her daughter. " I hit it first" to the North and South now she's going West. WOW this poor innocent baby girl!!!!!!!!

Mindy33

Northwest Airlines was headquarted in Kris Humphries home state up north.

Jenny Ross

It's not that bad if they really call her Nori West. Nora would sound better when she is an adult. It is too bad they didn't give her a different first or middle name that she could go to when she gets older. Kadence North West sounded fine to me. I guess she can always change it when she is old enough if the name really bothers her. As a school teacher I have heard all kinds of interesting names that were a lot more unusual than North. :)

james

what gives Kim K the right to take a pict of someone's baby and use it ????

Gigi

I thought they would go with Poison Ivy!

Gigi

Thought they would name her Poison Ivy!

Marcy

Hi Kim and Kris I just want you both to know i have wished to be a part of your family all the support you all you do for each is something l never received promise l am not a crazy person,,,,, I NEVER had a dad my mom had to take care of us, of us,she had some very bad times. Thank you Marcy

Julie Dymond

She's lucky she'd got the looks! Poor baby!

monique

should have named her Key.

Lordess

wow....

Previous 15 Comments | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments