Paula Deen

My N-Word Excuse ...

I'm Old

6/20/2013 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620_paula_deen_article_tmzPaula Deen is using the "I'm from the South" excuse to justify her use of the N-word ... saying that when she grew up, dropping an N-bomb was no big deal because everyone was racist.

Paula Deen Enterprises just issued the following statement to TMZ ... "During a deposition where she swore to tell the truth, Ms. Deen recounted having used a racial epithet in the past, speaking largely about a time in American history which was quite different than today."

FYI -- the "time" Paula admitted to using the N-word was 1986!!!!!

Anyway, the statement continues ... "[Paula] was born 60 years ago when America's South had schools that were segregated, different bathrooms, different restaurants and Americans rode in different parts of the bus. This is not today."

"To be clear Ms. Deen does not find acceptable the use of this term under any circumstance by anyone nor condone any form of racism or discrimination. "

As we previously reported, Deen admitted using the N-word during a sworn deposition stemming from a lawsuit ... in which the chef and her brother are accused of using offensive language at Paula's restaurant in Georgia.

HRH Prince Michael

Again: While I detest ANY racial-epithet uses by ANYBODY, Ms. Deen has exhibited more courage and class than the entire NBA.
Sebastian De La Cruz.....COWARDS?

Pharoah, Feds, Frauds, and Fascists,
are falling in The Blessed Reign!
The Declaration of 2008:
www.all4webs.com/q/f/love4yahweh
The Final Declaration (2009):
www.all4webs.com/x/w/all4yahweh
HRH Prince Michael of The House of David:
www.flickr.com/photos/72265268@N08

Natattackzz

TMZ, quit making a big deal out of this. Seriously. I'm from Louisiana, and the amount of people that STILL use that word is mind blowing. In 1986, we were STILL LYNCHING PEOPLE DOWN HERE. A few years ago, a young black man was lynched in my town. Get your damn heads out of the sand and realize that racism is alive and well in the South and at least Paula Deen is being HONEST.

David

I'm proud of Paula for not backing down and apologizing for her views of life. Blacks call White people all kinds of derogatory names. They even pimp White women. Isn't that slavery too? But historically, slavery has always been a part of human history. Shockingly, Blacks are not the only ones that have been slaves. And Blacks are not the only ones to be viewed as inferior simply because of the color of their skin. So Blacks need to get a life and stop acting like victims. If you want to be considered superior or equal, then project in a superior or equal life style. Pimping, and doing crime, rapping, and wearing you pants to show your underwear is not a way to show superiority.

rae28

Its not cool for any race to use this type if language..we are all human beings..

queen love

Say whaaaat, girlfriend?

queen love

Aaah, try as you might, you can't charm your way outta this one.

janet

For god sakes, there is still no racist crap.

Stoptheh8

Wow the amount of racist comments made on this site is ridiculous. The N word simply means ignorant and from what I see there are a lot white ni****, black ni****, Hispanic ni*****, Asian ni*****, etc on this site. To everyone making all of the racist comments you are just a representation of how jacked up the world is.

Dom The Mover

I drop it every chance I get, deal, but I treat people on a individual basis, not a hatr of groups or religion, just idiots, oh and I use retard alot, sue me

Kate

She grew up in a time and culture where use of that word was accepted. Just because we don't agree with the way things were back then doesn't change the fact that that is, in fact, the way they were. My Southern grandmother used the 'n' word and thought nothing of it. It's not part of my vernacular, but I'm not going to berate and despise my grandmother for having been raised in a different environment than I was.

all about the money

Doesn't matter...look at other posts on the subject there on TMZ. Some people are actually defending the use of the word as long as you are not white. If Paula was black and said the N word nothing would have came out of it even if she said it today. But because she is white even if she said the N word 60 years ago instead of over 25 years ago she would still be getting crucified today by people calling it racists, hateful, degrading while at the same time using it themselves because its their "right" because they are black. Not all black people condone the use of the word but those that do uphold a double standard ...I can say it but you can't.

paperbish

If I was asked the same questions as her during a deposition, I wouldn't be able to name ONE TIME I'VE EVER USED THAT WORD. Stop using where you come from or how old you are as an excuse to be a hateful, ignorant piece of garbage.

Meh..

BS Paula, my family's live in the South for over 200 years, we've never owned slaves and I've never heard my parents or grand parents ever use the N word. So stop trying to use the excuse "I'm old South" it don't wash.

jae kae

Get the hell over it. Yes it was a stupid and insensitive thing to say, but this is getting ridiculous. People are just looking for things to bitch about. We should all use this energy to do something that will truly make a difference.

HRH Prince Michael

@Rae28: 1967 called and left a message for you.
It wants it's hate-filled, divisive, City-burning, self-victimization back. Have you checked The "White House" lately?