TMZ Live

Paula & the N-Word

'Old' Excuse for Racism

6/20/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ Live

062013_tmzlive

Paula Deen's doing damage control ... giving us a new explanation for why she used the n-word -- and she's basically blaming the South and her old age. Does that excuse hold water for you?

Plus, James Gandolfini's sudden death -- we'll tell you what we've learned about how he spent his last hours in Italy, and roll some of our fave clips with James.

Also, Kate Upton's boobs ... EXPOSED! Did the world's most wanted supermodel just give away the ultimate cash cow ... FOR FREE???
TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic
tmzlive-play-by-play-1

(0:00) Paula Deen tries to explain her use of the n-word -- and just digs herself a deeper hole. Chef Rock Harper joins us to explain why she's way off base.
(7:00) James Gandolfini was one of the best -- we'll tell you why.
(10:00) Kate Upton topless! And we're getting a lot of hate mail because we censored it.
(14:00) New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez -- the O.J. Simpson connection.
(18:00) Gza from the Wu Tang Clan is using rap to teach kids science -- and it's ingenious?
(24:00) Kim Kardashian had to have a baby amongst the regular folk ... and it's all Dwight Howard's fault.
(28:00) Charles Saatchi -- the art collector who choked his wife in public -- Harvey (who just got back from England) explains the story from an across the pond perspective.
(32:00) "50 Shades of Grey" movie picked a female director -- we'll tell you why people were shocked by the choice.
(36:00) The floor is yours!
(41:00) It's time again for Tim's rejected pitches of the week.

DTD

About the Ohio rape, Serena said why did she allow herself to get that way? Because was a 16 year old girl who was probably drunk after 2 beers and passed out after 3. Those guys took advantage of the situation , that's rape.

CoconutScrimp

1 - I guess Paula Deen grew up during a different time.

2 - Aaron Hernandez is so fine!

3 - James died too young. He was hot.

4 - Kim and Kaney Kardashian [NEXT!]

JUstin

Not even feeling Paula Deen right now ( it's between her and her maker..) - Still shocked by James Gandolfini's Death ..R.I.P

RachesRules

I will never be able to watch The Soprano's again. When Junior shot and nearly killed Tony- I was a wreck watching that. I lost my own father the year Soprano's started, and Tony filled that void for me for those first several years, I couldn't bare the thought of his character dying too. Now it's all too real and sad. I hope James is having a cold beer with my dad in heaven today...

supermom

Stop trying to make up more drama. Who cares if she said it. It was in the 80s and I'm sure whites blacks everyone all has said it once. Its just the fact shes famous your trying to throw her under the bus. Is there nothing better in world for you guys to be talking about? whoe cares only people being racist are the racist saying it was racist

D-INCARNATION

Enough with the Paula Deen

aemish

If you don't like her show, don't watch it. It's un-American NOT to tell or laugh at inappropriate jokes! We ALL do it and if we didn't neither Daniel Tosh nor Chris Rock would have a career.

soberandsmober

Whatever Harvey, stop making excuses for racists. Paula Dean is a terrible, racist woman. End of story.

oink

So it's fine for a Black Rapper to write and song songs with the N word? BULL**** !!

Susan

ENOUGH of Paula & her trying to be cute!!!!

JUstin

BOY - Paula Deen's brand is getting damaged by the minute ..lol

ASH LEE

Rock is being careful what he says about Paula because he in the restaurant business.

oink

Alot of Blacks LOVE to SCREAM RACISM !

get a damn life......

Fred Farkel

Oh who cares. Hearing the N word now and again just reminds us old guys about the way that it was.

Empasize "WAS".

So please shut up and get over it. That subject is CLOSED.

Momma

Im sorry to say it but everyone has said the n word at some point in their life. At least she didn't lie about it. Im southern too and it was ingrained in me and some of my other southern friends at an early age. She was born in a different time and at that time it was acceptable to say that word. So she should be crucified for a word?? Really get over yourself! I don't scream racist when I get called a cracker or some other racist slur. I just say "Thank You, I go great with soup!" and I move on. So should everyone else.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments