James Gandolfini's Widow

First Photos Out ...

Running Errands

6/21/2013 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-npg-deborah-lin-shopping
James Gandolfini's widow was spotted out in public for the first time since his death, and her distraction of choice was shopping.

Deborah Lin, Gandolfini's wife of nearly 5 years, took a solo trip to a mall near their L.A. home on Friday, and went shopping at several stores ... including Bloomingdales. She also went to the bank.

According to a family spokesman ... they're working with the Italian government to get James' body back to the U.S. by next week -- and his funeral would be in New York no later than June 29.

Rashel

Why she wouldn't immediately fly to Italy to take care of getting his body released!! very strange

Leigh

They only have a five year age difference. The comments made here are not only offensive but wrong

Norma Desomd

Jeeeeeeeeeezus TMZ leave her alone!!!

cindy

WTF is with all the racist comments?

Seriously, TMZ, your moderators need to do a better job. I've never encountered so many low life racist a$$holes as I have in your comments section.

RIP JG

M.T.

I love my husband and I would be utterly destroyed if he just died, I would not be physically able to go shopping. I find the pictures of his wife who appears to be shopping, soon after his death very disturbing.

Apple-Pie

She should have someone else to shop for her. being in a store and shop while your husband is in a cold morgue waiting to be brought to the states is inappropriate.

I dont care if you are white, red, yellow or black. That is just common sense.

Just my opinion.

gloria

A lot of people shop for funeral clothes and tend to everyday activities while waiting for their loved one to be buried. Not a big deal. Not everyone sits at home dressed in black. She is probably in shock, her husbands body is in a different country. There is nothing she can do but wait until he is returned home. Then she can grieve. Leave her alone.

kat

The morning my mom dies I left the hospital and went grocery shopping. Don't know why. I guess I just needed to do something normal. Everyone grieves in their own way.

Rio

Something isnt right here... No mourning woman would go shopping this much, and is that a smile on her face??

Denese

You go girl! Grab that dough!

jessica

shopping? she doesnt look like a wife in mourning. confusing to me bc she looks like she doesnt even care that her husband JUST passed away 3 days away. I would be devastated if my husband died. you would not me shopping just day after.
I know there are two sides of the story. maybe they where not as into each other as many people thought. ya never know?

really?

People shop.. For all we know, she could be purchasing a dress to wear to the service or maybe she just needed some jeans. This is nothing but creepy. Paps following her because her husband just passed away.. in another country. Reserve your opinion & show some respect.

Nevadan

Leave this poor woman alone! I don't want to repeat too much but people grieve in their own way. And, I don't know about you, but if my husband's body was on the other side of the world and there wasn't much I could do, I may want to get out of a house full of memories for a few minutes, away from all the family and well wishers and just breathe.

Kelly

So, tell me, what is the proper way to grieve? When I lost my brother last year and my stepfather earlier this year, I was out shopping, laughing and carrying on. They wouldn't want me to be glum. My stepfather passed on a Sunday and the very next day I was out doing shopping for me, him, and my mother. We needed clothes for a burial. I also went and had to run by his lawyer's office (he left us a huge estate that had to be taken care of), his doctor's and many other places. When one dies unexpectedly, sometimes you HAVE to go out and do these things. You can't hide away in your bedroom for days. There are things that have to be done. She also has a small child, so maybe, just maybe, she is thinking of less stress for the child's sake and staying here in the States.

Kay Kaybear

It's amazing the # of perfect people on the TMZ message boards.

We have no clue what's going through her mind. We are not the authorities on the grieving process.