James Gandolfini's Widow

First Photos Out ...

Running Errands

6/21/2013 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-npg-deborah-lin-shopping
James Gandolfini's widow was spotted out in public for the first time since his death, and her distraction of choice was shopping.

Deborah Lin, Gandolfini's wife of nearly 5 years, took a solo trip to a mall near their L.A. home on Friday, and went shopping at several stores ... including Bloomingdales. She also went to the bank.

According to a family spokesman ... they're working with the Italian government to get James' body back to the U.S. by next week -- and his funeral would be in New York no later than June 29.

BigMunKnee

If I had the means & ways (which OBVIOUSLY, the Gandolfini clan, DOES) I would've been on the VERY FIRST possible flight to Italy to "be with" and/or recover my wife or husbands remains. Then again,...I realize everyone is UNIQUE and people "grieve" their very-own way(s). THIS, however, just seems like a STRANGE way to grieve, to me. Shopping @ the mall?? Taking out loot @ the bank?? Not surrounded by the ones you love and that love you @ a time when family/friends are (for the most part) MOST NEEDED??? BIZARRE to say the least IMO!!

Kelly

My brother passed away last year. He was stationed in Virginia Beach and I, along with his mother, am here in Tennessee. I did not catch a plane out to VA Beach, nor did his mother. Arrangements and most stuff can be done over the phone. His wife identified what was left of the body and we flew him over here. The day after all this happened, I got up and went to work like nothing had happened. Everyone grieves differently folks.

Quiet

The clothing shopping she could have done in ITALY outweighs the shopping in bloomindales.

good thing the first wife flew to italy when the current wife decided to fly back to america to shop .

dierdre

Sorry, but this woman doesn't look too sad to me. All I know is, if that were my husband that just died a few days ago, I WOULD NOT be out shopping. PERIOD......

idol

Sabrina

Wonder how long it'll be before she moves on to a new guy. Probably won't be very long. It doesn't seem like she loved James that much.

jerseydevil

She has a baby girl. She just can't leave. Other family is in italy. Maybe the bank was for funeral or shipping expenses. Maybe the shopping was a new black dress for the funeral. Nobody knows, nobody should speculate and she should be left alone.

bob

Me so Haw-nee!

Mick

Here's a crazy thought - maybe she's out getting clothes,etc for the funeral. I was a mother of two and seven months pregnant when my mom died, and the next day I was at Macy's getting a blazer for my son and dress shoes to fit my swollen feet, among other things. And although deep down I had the potential to jump off a cliff, at that time I was numb and on autopilot, I had to be. I remember calmly and with dry eyes telling the salesperson that my mom would hate these shoes but she wouldn't see them because she had died. Good God, I am disgusted at TMZ's not so subtle snark and some of the assumptions made here. She lost her husband and the father of her baby - maybe in a week or so she'll have a public breakdown to satisfy everyone...

1luv

You never know what's going on in a person's head. Don't assume no crying for no feelings. It takes tons of strength & love to even get out of the bed when someone passes that you love.

mememeee

so disrespectful to her... mysteriously?? You could see the man was a walking heartattack just waiting to happen, abd it DID. she could be there buying his last odds and ends or for herself

Kendra

You're idiots. How do you know she wasn't shopping for something to wear to the memorial or buying a gift for their son or buying a frame, etc? It sounds like your disappointed your paps didn't catch her slumped on the sidewalk, crying. I'm sure she's in shock. Get off her case and let her mourn in private.

Jenna5960

She needs to spend his money before his first kid gets it. Greedy bitch.

niles

How bizarre that she goes on a shopping spree with her husband lying cold in the morgue. Wonder who she's texting.

Honeybee60