Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

krasovitz

Good.

zappa fan

here we go again! a lady who born in the 40's, grew up in the segregated south is being scorned for saying a bad word. I am sick and tired of people who are punished retroactively. she was honest enough to admit it. go on any city subway after a pro ball game and you will hear that bad word dozens of times. paula your restaurant is superb and your brand is of high quality. I am glad you made your millions! this happened to don imus and now he has more markets and listeners than he ever did. all you politically correct touchy feely people out there, congrats for destroying a decent person again.

Judy

We can forgive Al Sharpton for a 1994 speech to Kean College telling people not to buy fried chicken from Chinese or watermelon from Koreans. He also said bad things about gay's and he is on MSNBC. Paula Deen said she was sorry so Food Network will lost a lot of viewers.

Rob

Send a complaint to the Food Network...tell them you will stop watching their network shows. This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

esleenda

Karma's a bitch! Her hypocritical reaction and SELL OUT when she was diagnosed with diabetes did it for me.

Laff

Dayumm ! Fired for THAT ? I gots an idea - lets fire every RAPPER (White or Black) that has ever used the N Word in a song?? Anything left ? - thought not?
What did we learn - Fredom of Speech does not apply to certain subgrous of people - does it ??

johnny

i will never watch the food channel again. sorry about all the bs political correctness, paula.

s_megma

Fox News Channel will pick up her contract, and she'll have her show on there.

HumanNature

THAT WORD IS THE MOST "SHAMEFUL" WORD TO USE ON ANY HUMAN BEING!!!!!

REGARDLESS OF WHO SAY IT!!!!!!!!!

John

And you've never said anything you regretted later and no one cared. She ussed it in the past, it doesn't maen she would now.

elvisbop

Oh comon. She's an older Souther woman. Twenty Years ago, everyone down there used the N Word when they were talking to each other. And she admitted that she's used it before. And now shes losing her job because of something she said twenty years ago. Most black people used the term "Cracker"twenty years ago when they talked to each other. Big deal. As long as they didn't call me cracker to my face, I wouldn't use the N word to their face. This political correctness is WAY overdone. SO, it''s okay that I have to hear a bunch of rappers saying "hey motha fu...r bitch" when I'm at a traffic light, but the "N" word is a no no, unless it's them that are using the term.

Lee

Well, guess racial slurs only apply to white people. Anyone ever ask lady bringing suite if she has ever used Honky word? No, thought not. This is over kill. Will not watch Food Network any longer. Getting tired of this CRAP!

ev

that sucks, it's not like she said it on the air..then I can see taking her off the air.. all this from a deposition?

BSname

Congratulations PC police you did it again. You got someone fired for saying they USED the N-Word. NOT ACCEPTED the N-Word, but USED the N-Word Just like EVERYBODY reading this post has. Do NOT even try to tell me that you have never USED the N-Word. I would sooner believe that you have never Masturbated. Go Ahead, Click on HATE. That is what your PC White Guilt instructs you to do. An go ahead and keep on telling yourself that you are not a racist like that woman on the cooking show with the southern accent.

celebgossipfan

r u kidding me. i admire her for being honest. of course its wrong to use that word but its also wrong to call me a guinea wop but ive never taken legal action over it.