Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Ron

Bull****, I've been call a honky MF all my life, why is that ok? Why is it they can talk bad about white people, but OMG say something to those non productive MF and its racist. Paula I'm on your side. You are getting the shaft. Some white hating MF has a mission in life to make us pay today for something that happened over 200 years ago. I grew up in Orange NJ and was hated by them and could never understand why. My family came over from Italy, my family were slaves, you don't see us sitting around waiting for a free check, we got out there and worked. We do and am still doing the **** jobs that THEY wouldn't do. Why should they.

SteepSlider

Here's is a narcissistic sociopath born of southern racist roots. Promoting food that sickens people and panders to the obese all the while being dishonest to the core. Some may say this is too far, but I say she is inherently evil. Disingenuous for sure, money grubbing always, deceptive like its a reflex. What also bothers me are the people and companies that protected & promoted her false image. If only by association, the likes of Gordon Ramsey (Master Chef series) and gang are somewhat guilty of perpetuating the scam.

She needs to be held up, for a long time, as a shining example of what America can produce and promoting in our 'so-called' modern enlightened age.

dj

I'm in my mid 50's and the N word was commonly used in the 60's by both races. Even now it is being used by song writers and no one complains! A white woman admits to using the word long ago and they fire her over being honest. Yes, the "apologies" did sound contrived, but you can be sure that the attorneys went over it with a fine tooth come before allowing her to open her mouth. Come on people, grow up!!

Peter

I'm not a PD fan but agree this over reaction. Its past time we all got over ourselves with the race card issue, not to mention sex. And I've certainly had enough of the "white guilt" too. Most white people you meet on the street won't even look you in the eye much less speak-even when spoken too! These kinds of things are a load of crap to divide us and keep our eye off whats really going on in our country and the world. We are different, God made us, now BY GOD BE PROUD OF IT.

jc

She got axed because of her past use of the N-word And her hidden diabetes diagnosis while continuing to promote unhealthy food. That was a double whammy of unfavorable behavior so she got fired...that's all.

Rich Vail

Everyone is a racist...so give over, already.

Jim

Can't help but wonder how many of the "suits" at Food Network said the "N" word in the '60...'s when all of this took place?

celebgossipfan

r u kidding me. i admire her for being honest. of course its a horrible thing to say. but its also horrible to call me a guinea wop and i dont go crying to take legal action

777flygal

Oh for goodness sakes! The "thought police" are out in full force! What happened to Free Speech? I've heard some of the worst racial slurs come out of the mouths of those minorities that are screaming about it! This happened YEARS AGO before there was a demand that we all take "sensitivity training" which is crazy! I'm ashamed of The Food Network and can assure them I won't watch their programs any longer. Knee jerk reactions!

JP

This is ridiculous! From how I understand it, she used the word a long time ago and she apologized for it. And why is it ok for the "N" word to be used everyday in music and videos, movies and other black people even use it. Sounds like a double standard if you ask me

voiceofreason

Cut her some slack yawl!

Bret Hansbrough

Freedom of speech in America is for all races so those of you who think Paula was wrong enjoy your opinion. YOU probably won't loose your job if you have one

William

This is ALL BS! I bet if they poll they top 5 people at Food Network, I'll bet they'd all be fired for insulting someone at sometime. If you want to live in glass houses, don't throw stones!

turpidip

that word is overused and wrong but it will not go away as blacks use it routinely to refer to each other when upset. in the past whites used it commonly but you really do not here it today very much. i bet thee food mgt. creeps have said this word more than once. hippocrites are rampant but liars are more.

chuck knapp