Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

cory j

I'm black. . she's forgiven..... She should not be all judged by her past. .. Being robbed makes you say things. . fear kicks in. ... If a white person robbed me.... you bet they would be rednecks and b everything élse but that's fear...She made a mistake and apologized... Let's move on. ... gas prices are high .... .

annonymous

I bet I know some people who are loving this. UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE. All because of a word. I'm tired of people using history to get what they want.

ronangelojr

Buh Bye Ya'll!!

Nun ja biz

If ideas in the past, then why make such an issue now? She admitted to it. Good grief!

caribulou

This is complete BS. She did nothing wrong. It was ages ago. God i am tired of the BS crap.

trini_angel

Smh over this whole incident. I read somewhere that comments were made that "she's from a time and place where those degrading were acceptable" but we're in 2013 and she SHOULD know better. Her actions were unacceptable and I don't care WHO tries to validate it...it just goes to show of ur character also

Tony

I think she's an idiot for saying she's sorry. We all say the n word a hundred times a day. I'm not sorry!!!

lou

Should have kept her mouth shut

ronangelojr

Buh bye ya'll!!!

Soylent Green

Hopefully, she'll get another show somewhere when this all dies down. Definitely an overreaction on Food Network's part.

Debra

BYE, Y'all.
The Food Network made a business decision. "Freedom of speech" is always trumped by the freedom to refuse to spend one's money. Rosa Parks demonstrated this fact in 1955. Paula Deen learned a lesson in it in 2013.

Buddy

If ******s can say ****** so can I.

teresa

She could have lied..She is being punished for telling the truth. If everyone went back in there past I'm sure there would be a lot of things we are not proud of.. When raised in the South..they were different times then...Not to say it was good..But ....it was different..
I'm sorry this happened...I love My Paula Deen,:)

GTO

FN's loss, cream always rises to the top, there are other networks.

DontTreadOnMe

This is why we call ya'll cry babies neggers...lol...what a bunch of *****'s. But it ok for them to say cracker and honky. This is why there will be a racial divide for all time in this country.