Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Diane

I'm sure she has plenty of money and doesn't need the Food Network any more anyway. Happy retirement, Paula. Love your recipes.

Mayu

Dunno the big deal. Black people constantly call each other "*****s" and women "bitches" and "Hos". If they want "equality" they have to be equal. You can't say, "it's okay for us... because we're black." it's either okay or it's not.

DR SICK

There is no Freedom of Speech in this country. It's a myth tied to political correctness.

pebblepoo

Oh well, there's always local public broadcasting. Stop laughing Bourdain! *takes a bow*

Greatnews

WAY OVER REACTION!!!!!!!! PC Police are totally out of control.

Nickiluv82

I'm sure there were several other factors involved and her contract was already being reevaluated. In recent years her southern appeal has started to fade and so have her ratings. Paula's decline in popularity started when she did not disclose her diabetes and her recent statements sealed her fate with Food Network.

DontTreadOnMe

Guess some of my comments are being blocked!

pj

She has pretty eyes.

az_barbie66

This is stupid. What did we learn from this - just lie through your teeth because honestly will get you nowhere. Most people have used that word at least once - maybe when you were younger and didn't know any better, who knows. We all learn from or mistakes - jeez. Food network is a bunch of pu$$ys.

justagirl

Since when is it a crime to say the name word...not the smartest thing to do but no just cause for termination. Also I believe it was a white female who accused her of saying it and it made her feel uncomfortable. When I am in an environment where black people are saying it to each other that makes me feel uncomfortable also....so I guess now this opens the can of worms for everyone to sue for made to feel uncomfortable.

Mary

Racial slurs and derogatory words are never appropriate. However, if she's telling the truth that she hasn't spoken that way in 30 years, we should all cut her some slack. She grew up in the South in a different era, it sounds to me like she's learned her lesson.

HillbillyHell

Oh so PC. Get over it, already.

Sid

Is Harvey still rubbing out to the thoughts of bobby dean? Can't wait until Food network asks their black talent if it has ever used racial slurs? What about the gay talent? Ever said ***got? Media so worried about covering up Obama's ignorance they are picking on Paula. Never really liked the fat bitch but I appreciate honesty. Guess I will buy a book or two of hers on AmaZOn.

David

What's the big deal about an N word? This is so ridiculous. I bet if a word was made against any other minority, they would not make such a big deal. Now who are the real racists? I'm tired of this black thing!!! We have a black President of the USA and Oprah is the wealthiest woman in Hollywood. What more do they want???????????????????????

DanzaSlap

Really who hasn't said the negga word