Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

SunnyAutumn

Fake, undercover racist....How many of us know them? She was just brought out the closet. Finally caught up with her lard butt. I mentioned yesterday her career in television is over.

Carole Hawkins

I live between 2 households of black people and both of them have used the n word in the past week, one repeatedly. Just sayin!!! How many black people is she employing in her restaurants? Stop and think before you cut your nose off to spite your face. Who's gonna feed all the families of all of her black employees. I am tired of the duplicity.

vanessa

beuubye wackadoo

jaded_one

Why is it that there is all this fall out from this when it is socially excepted for one african american to call another the very same word. And you really cant tell me that an "a" at the end instead of an "er" can really change the meaning.

HumanNature

$ DO NOT BUY "CLASS"!!!!!!

Havoc

Well the P.C. Police have done it again. Wonder if the staff at TMZ have said anything in the past they should be ashamed of?

Carmen

Bye B*tch! Its people like her who keeps racism alive. It's 2013 race should not be an issue. I'm glad the food network realized the severity of her actions.

captn moonlight

I am not excusing racist attitudes or its culture which comes out of slavery or Jim Crow (for the record I have an MA in US history specializing in southern history); I think this is politically correct BS!!

SunnyAutumn

Next, they need to fire that lard face Ina for refusing to grant a 6 year old his last wish.

anni

As a Southern woman, about Paula's age, she has shown such a form of ignorance. If she had been ''playing'' around, it might be different. She was not. My Dad taught me better........too bad she hasn't learned some common manners in 50 something years.

STFU

Thank you Food Network for taking such quick action.

Just_Me

She's nothing but a racist hillbilly. Glad to see her and her fixin's gone from tv.

Cgarza

Are her sons screwed as well?

Pete

BULL*****! Cook up some ribs and invite Barry.

Big Momma

Seriously, good news. And I hope no other lesser station tries to scoop her up. This is appalling, she has been full of insincere apologies and excuses and it should not be tolerated. I am a 58 year old white woman...and hope all people start using thir power of
Voice and (lack of) viewing to stop these pompass asses that get such big heads when they gain a little popularity. A side note Paula, your heavy makeup and over the top wigs make u look like a tranny.