Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2074 COMMENTS

skittlesbreaker19

Next spokeswoman for diabetes... She will work for cheap now!

jen

Some of you need to stop hanging around trash if everyone you know talks like that. I don't talk like that and neither do the people I associate with. It's wrong if you are a rapper and it's wrong if you live in the south. This is only one part of a much bigger scandal that Paula has going on at the moment. It's not just about the use of the 'n-word'.

kmg

Over reaction! Maybe she shouldn't have said it, but people tend to forget that you do not have the right to NOT be offended. It's simple, if you don't like her, don't watch her.

DaNi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/paula-deen-racism_n_3480720.html,,,NUFF SAID

kmg

Over reaction! Maybe she shouldn't have said it, but people don't realize that you don't have the right to NOT be offended. It's simple, if you don't like her, don't watch her. People give words way too much power.

dennis

I just looked up racist in the dictionary and it had a picture of Kanye West. What do you make of that?

Iphone5

There's a difference between N!gGA & N!ggER. Most blacks saying the N word say: N!gGA and don't say it as a racist meaning. Now most (not all) when white people say it they say "N!ggER"! Sounding racist. White people can't get mad that they can't say that word without getting in trouble because you and especially your ancestors had been saying that hateful word to blacks for centuries and YOU ARE the ones that basically started this situation. It's a new day in age and things have CHANGED! So thank your ancestors white people!

Ugotshook

If a black person on TV was calling white people honkies y'all would want blood!

Ugotshook

Honkie Crackas lmao!

Ugotshook

Pecker woods

peggy8650

I for one think the food network are the ones who are being outrageous .those who can say they have never sinner let them be the ones to throw the first stone,can they any of them say they have never said anything wrong at any time in their lives.Paula has all my support,she is a good person,and it's not right what the food network is doing. I see all kinds of stuff on TV and even on the food network that is in appropriate ,but they do noting to stop it ,o the Chew they do and say things that I consider sexual and make comments out of order,on many things,.It's okay for a black person to say the F word in songs and videos and call each other the N word,but God forbid a white person says it. So who is being raciest ,so the food network is firing a white person for using the N word,that is being raciest against a white person.Leave Paula alone.

Bee

PigHeart

Treating this woman like a friggin nazi war criminal. I cant believe this woman was impersonating a celebrity chef for all those years. Lets find more of them. Lets give George Clooney the tickle torture and see if he admits to it.

Kimi17plyr

She was the best on Food Network:(

jovissey1986

Good job get her off tv I can't stand to even think she on the tv noting what she said. I can't believe this white women I no how ya did my people that's why I might just leave all whites alone.

Previous 15 Comments | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments