Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

MYOB

This is BS..Everyone has said the N word, black and white. Everyone is racist against someone...Anyone who denies this would be lying!! Food Network you are a disgrace why don't you let her ratings decide instead of making a rash decision.

MARY CARAWAY EDMONSON

I am a black 60 year old female and I do understand that Ms. Dean is not a racist. I do know that we all have had our fun with racist jokes both black and white people. I believe that more people should do a little truth telling, you may be surprised. Just because you haven't gotten called out on it, doesn't mean you haven't participated. I applaud you Ms. Dean. It reminds me of when we were young and a friend girl got pregnant, she was the talk of the town although we all were doing the same things, mind you, but because we didn't get caught up, we thought nobody knew about our transgressions. Please be encouraged Ms. Dean because God knows your heart and your intentions, just as he knows the hearts and intentions of all your critics as well. Take heart life is to short and we must still do the work of a Savior that gave his all that we might be forgiven of all our sins past and present. Amen

Me Me

Like no one has ever said something they were sorry for later - REALLY PEOPLE GROW UP

jane

what a crock !

jane

HEY TMZ why doesnt the like/ hate button work! this happens all the time WTH

Daniel

Now maybe Food Network can get some real talent to fill her time slot! I hate predjuce people. Someone should let her know everyone in this country has equal rights and should be treated equally. Definition of white trash!

roodawg

Paula Deen is not racist. I consider myself racist & i am a person of race. I use the N word every day to people who uphold stereo types. Something she did years ago hold no bearing on who she is now. I'm sure food network will reqlize there mistake once another network picks her up.

210GoSpurs

Sensitive sallys rappers call each other the N word daily.....

sjensen

The PC police out of control again. I am so sick of people being crucified by the race card. But once again the frothing liberals...just sit in waiting to jump on anyone, and everyone they can...to play their dying race card. Yes she said the big bad "N" word....dear god in heaven....a rapper can stomp on the American Flag and say the "N" word 50 times and the "F" word 100 times in song...while Little Dick Wayne stomps on our flag....and he gets paid millions. The hypocrisy is gut wrenching. AND PERSONALLY....I AM SICK OF IT!

yvette jones

that's bull everybody in the world has said something or other racial but poor Paula speaks her mind and she gets fired and that's crap on the network they don't have no balls

sue

Gordon Elliott where are your balls? Paula has made you a rich man. Stick up for her as she would you. Back in the day people called me dago and wop but should we go back and bring them ll down for it? It was a different time and the FN should realize it. Please renew her contract and let the chips fall where they may.

gloria glass

I think its awful what they are doing to Paula Deen. it was in the past, she apologized..let it go!! you don't have to ruin her life over it. I'm sure her true fans would still stick by her

Antoinette DeMarco

Paula Deen could have been a role-model for equality and changing the mindset of what she says is "how we are in the south." Anyone using the N word may claim not to have hatred in their heart, but they do not believe all men are created equal. Would she want to be called "whitey" on public TV?

LINDA

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! This is nothing more than a witch hunt! It should terrify every single one of us that we no longer live in a country that trult has freedom of speech!!

Linda s

I feel the food network was wrong for letting. Her go. Everyone that working for food network the big guns bet you said that word once in their life why aren't,t they out of jobs.

Previous 15 Comments | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments