Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Brenda Caldwell

Here's what I think that all I have been hearing is shame on Paula but shame on all those hypacrites who condemn her for something she said 15 yrs plus ago, who hasn't said something in the heat or emotional moment that one wouldn't take back. For god's sake she had a gun pulled on her and pointed to her head, that would upset anyone I don't care who you are. Just a little food for thought why isn't everyone outraged when african american people call each other the N word. I heard all kinds of excuses of its just how we talk to each other, bull if it's not right for one person to use it then it's not right for all.

L.G.

On Own network, Sunday night there was a movie on about how black people are prejudice against very dark skinned black people. What is going on? They can be prejudice against their own, but as soon as a white person says the n word, they get crazy. Please.

thompsonproductionz

I agree with the network for canceling Paula Deen. I was a big fan of the show up until recent claims of the cook using hurtful language about African Americans. I stand behind the food channel one hundred percent.

Bubba

Shame on The Food Network! Shame!

Sylvia Lucas

My comment on Paula Deen - it seems to me we have a lot of hypocritical people in this world who quickly jump to condemn anyone, when there is not one person in this world who hasn't said anything derogatory of anyone no matter what he issue is - we all have been guilty one way or another - and what has happened here is another nit picking way to start something. We have enough issues in this world lets all/everyone start cleaning up their act/life before you start throwing stones or mis-statements, remember, you will be the next one and I'm sure you won't like it - as they say what goes around comes around.

philo

Let's keep the racist BS going so our president can keep us one nation totally divisible! And let's keep not paying for our safety, letting anyone work and vote without legal status, let our Prez. be the new celebrity, don't allow citizens the first chance at a job and finally don't let us waste any money for our retirement medical care. I can't stand this man. He makes Chairman Mao look like a saint. What part of all this does he or the congress have to share? NONE!

pinkee

well, she can always get a job as a talking head with FOX News...

Sedona AZ

Paula Deen estimated wealth is between $12 million and $16 million. Food Network is mostly responsible for her exposure in order to become that wealthy. Maybe time for them to part ways....Smithfield you did the right thing in my opinion. If you all think she only spoke that awful word once I feel sorry for you. That attitude is in Paula's heart I feel. She would never have been able to come up with that mean wedding idea if it wasn't in her spirit. No excuses we all need to pay for hate....All of us.......

Barb

It is about time the pompous Paula got caught with her spanks down. She is and always has been in my books a big phoney. How about the diabetes blip!!! Now she is uncovered for what she really is..an undercover racist in my opinion!!! Thank you food network and QVC if you have deleted her show.

Gayle

How is NOT RENEWING HER CONTRACT a "FIRING"...WAY to stir the pot you morons!

BOSS@WEFIXUGLYHOUSES

Harvey summed it up quite well. That's why it's his show.

ktowell72

She will be greatly missed. The food she cooked on every episode of her show made my mouth water.

ktowell72

I will miss watching her on Food network, everything she cooked made my mouth water,the food network is loosing of the best cook's, & again I say ,she will be greatly missed.

Fannie Packer

If she was so shocked at young blacks using the n word in her establishment, why didn't she make it known she didn't care for that type of language and it would not be tolerated at her place of business PERIOD.

dwstick

Hmm. The First Lady goes all over the country on her anti-obesity crusade, telling the rest of us about the joys of a nuts-and-twigs diet.
The First Lady appears on Paula Deen's TV show, where she then proceeds to scarf down buffalo wings, deep-fried-this and butter-soaked-that.
In a subsequent interview, Paula Deen points out the apparent hypocrisy with what the First Lady DOES versus what she SAYS.
Now a story is leaked where Paula Deen may or may not have uttered the dreaded 'n' word in an incident that happened MANY years ago.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

Previous 15 Comments | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments