Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2071 COMMENTS

Previous 15 Comments | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98

Peggy England

Are you people serious??? I can't believe it and I am ashamed of all of you. God knows what is in your heart Paula and you have my support. All of the people who have done this to you will never have my business again.

Smoke

We would all be introuble if we were judged doing something stupid 30 years ago!
But no one says anything about Chris Rock and the rappers using the "N" word NOW and calling their girls B*tches and Ho's? A word can't be bad for one group but good for others, IT'S AN OFFENSIVE WORD! Good old double standard.

dreamer4u

oh thanks for the 11 yrs you made me a multi millionaire???? Why do you NOT help charities Paula??? I am glad your finally getting your poison, maybe you will help others in need NOW!!!! Your $$$ did no good did it Paula? You are selfish and getting everything you deserve!

KathrrynAnn7

Paula Deen has offended all African Americans and Africans! All her apologies are fake! She doesn't own her offenses ,she just make excuses for them! And the only tears she shed are for herself! We should forgive, but not excuse or forget! Let's all stop helping her build her racist empire! Ban all things Paula Deen!

KathrrynAnn7

Pat Passio

I think it is a disgrace that Paula Deen is being fired for using a word that everyone in America usesor used at one time in their life. What about all the slang that is throwed at all other races of people , does that mean we should all be suing our neighbors or all be out of work.

BZ

Will no longer watch Food Network...

Sandy

I am so sick of all u people thinking Paula did something wrong , this was 20 something years ago people, u tell me why it's ok for rappers and all the other singer can say crap like that , but o boy let Paula say something that happened years ago. I say give it a rest, grow up and let it be.

getitright

Let us please stop seeing what we want to see. The person that brought the allegations is white. She was not there when Paula was telling her husband about the robbery 30 yrs. ago. The young lady was referring to racial slurs she heard a lot more recently than 30 yrs. ago. Apparently Paula felt comfortable enough around another white person to say whatever she felt like saying. Like she says, " I is what I is. I'm not going to change." She is not "that" old. Being an "old" southern lady is not an excuse for ignorance. She just needs to be educated.

Dayna

Over reaction all the way. Who hasn't said something they later regretted? Where is forgiveness in this situation? For those who are her critics all I can say is...treat others the way you would want to be treated in a similar cir***stance.

Lynn

I think that they should give every Food Network host a lie detector test right now to see who else has made an unfortunate comment. Why just the N word, why not Jew, Jap, Wop, Beaner, Spic, or any of the other hateful words used in disrespect. At least she is honest. I think she just got the same treatment that Martha Stewart got. She got too big and became too important so someone had to bring her down to size. I am disgusted with the companies who dropped her. I will not use the Food Network, read the magazine, or buy or support any of the chefs that work there. I will not buy Smithfield Ham or any kitchen products from Lowe's or Home Depot. A lot of people feel the same way. I think the companies will be hurt in the long run and they deserve to be put down just as they have her. She was not my favorite chef, Ina Garden, was but she is off my list too. Why have none of them come to her support?

Previous 15 Comments | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98