Paula Deen

For Using N-Word

6/21/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

062113_paula_deen_launch
update_bar
1:00 PM PT
-- FYI, Paula just yanked the video apology from her YouTube channel.

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
continues to step in it, and we know part of the problem is that her team doesn't have a clue.

She just issued a weird, video apology with an edit after almost every sentence.  It's as if some publicist is feeding her lines that she has trouble delivering.

Rather than explaining why she used the N-word in the past -- something she might have been able to explain given her background -- she's just begging for forgiveness.  It feels like it's coming from a bunch of suits, and not from her heart.  Huge miss.

Sources connected with Deen tell TMZ ... this was an apology produced by committee -- a committee of lawyers, publicists and other managers who don't understand the meaning of the word "apology."  They've strung a bunch of words together that make Deen look pathetic ... throwing herself at the mercy of the court of public opinion.

It's sad.

Grow_the_hell_up

Really people some of you need to seriously look at yourselves before trying to act like you have never said anything to offend someone. Least she did apologize for what she said in the past. That is why it's called the past. Everyone should be forgiven. The person who is suing her is probably someone only in it for the money. Their was seriously no need in them canceling her shows and **** come on really everyone needs to grow the hell up and be an adult and not a ***** about it. People act like because she's white and said the n word it's so bad but these ghetto ass m'fers can call each other *****s and it's okay.

Sonja

Fake , mean ass bitch, has been for years. I never much cared for her but her response to the full length chinchilla coat she wore to some event a few years ago sealed it for me. Fake bitch.. nothing sweet here but maybe her blood sugar levels.

D

She should be ashamed of herself I was one of her biggest fans I will not have anything to do with watching her show nor her products. I have thrown all my Puala Deen stuff away. Shame on you Paula for letting your fans think you are something you not a decent human being

USArmy

When a black apologizes for making racist comments all is forgiven and we are told to move on. When a white does the same they are burned at the cross by the media. Why is that?

Snipperse

After reading some of the comments on this post, I have come to the conclusion that there are a lot of rocks being thrown. Please be careful of the glass walls on the house you live in. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has said or done something in their past that they are, maybe, not so proud of now! Who are any of you to judge? Just asking....

Manimal

Years of inbred racist conditioning is hard to just make go away. Her accent is worse than that old shake and bake commercial..."and we hay-alped"!

Lindsey

Everyone's entitled to do and say what the want, except straight white America.

Mee

PAULA'S IDEA OF A SEX TAPE,
She needs Kris Jenner
so she WONT BE WORKING UP THE ECLAIRS ON THAT VIDEO ANYMORE .

Mee

APOLOGY OVERKILL, nothing she say's will help her.
Should get out of people's faces and then someone may pull her back later on like "Dog the bounty hunter" but will never be the same.
The Food Chanel made a WISE BUSINESS DECISION

No50undFx

Paula Deen is an opportunist. The only reason she issued that fake statement, was to convince Food Network not to fire her ass. I think it was also meant to appeal to narrow minded viewers that have bought her bs before. What about when she covered up her diabetes for years while she was serving up meals to fans, she herself couldn't eat. Then when she gets caught, she seizes the opportunity to peddle diabetic medication. Sorry Paula but you for what was coming to ya, you fake biotch.

JEN

Why does she have to be sorry!!! It's a freak'n word she did not hurt anyone..Feelings - get over it everyones feelings get hurt ..This is why the world is like it is.. This will probably also turn into a lawsuit ... People are IGNORANT!!!!

Me

A TRUE apology doesn't need to be edited/spliced together.These baffoons should be fired.

The fact that Food TV only dumped her based on her video apology blow up says a lot for them also. Last nite, their lame attempt at a statement showed they were only waiting to see how bad this would be. If they had integrity, they would have immediately dropped her.

Too late for Foodtv. And Paula...well, you reap what you sow.

Spicy mag

She doesn't have a leg to stand on.

emj

You know it's a good thing we live in America with all our freedoms...including Freedom Of Speech... I'm a southern white women in my 50's, and I have always hated the "N" word, even though I grew up around it being said by my parents, siblings and all the other relatives and in-laws I have. I have never called anyone the "N" word, but I know I've said it...So what! All races say it to each other, including Black, White, Latino's & Asians. It's a friggin word! Just like Cracker, Honey, White
Trash. Give the lady a break. GOD BLESS AMERICA! The Civil War has been over for more than 150 years! Someone owes my Irish Ancestors a whole lot for the Indentured Servitude they went through....Who's going to pay??? Anyone??? Every ethnic race, creed and color has gone through something, but if someone calls me a MICK, you know the "M" word. I'll get over it.

Foletta Sierra