Paula Deen

For Using N-Word

6/21/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

062113_paula_deen_launch
update_bar
1:00 PM PT
-- FYI, Paula just yanked the video apology from her YouTube channel.

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
continues to step in it, and we know part of the problem is that her team doesn't have a clue.

She just issued a weird, video apology with an edit after almost every sentence.  It's as if some publicist is feeding her lines that she has trouble delivering.

Rather than explaining why she used the N-word in the past -- something she might have been able to explain given her background -- she's just begging for forgiveness.  It feels like it's coming from a bunch of suits, and not from her heart.  Huge miss.

Sources connected with Deen tell TMZ ... this was an apology produced by committee -- a committee of lawyers, publicists and other managers who don't understand the meaning of the word "apology."  They've strung a bunch of words together that make Deen look pathetic ... throwing herself at the mercy of the court of public opinion.

It's sad.

rodney

Wait until people figure out that she really hates cooking....

Run with that tip, Harvey...

pam

stop with the crocodile tears....ur really trying hard for us to buy ur story....u are no better than any of us...like i said before SHAME ON U paula deen....u have now proved who u are....a RACIST...i really do hope ur tv career comes to a END....u have no business being on the food tv network....i REALLY do hope they GET rid of u and make room for a up and coming chef....

DJHypnotik

It was so long ago when she said the word, who cares now, that was back in 1986 right?

EasilyHard

I know them, I watched the Cosby show 1nce 2 I even got a Chris Brown punched me here tattoo on my bum yall

Whateverbytch

I don't speak country fried chicken so I didn't understand a word that came out of her mouth

Mark

She posted a two minute apology on YouTube that isn't edited. Give her a break. She's apologized. Most of the people who are pretending to be outraged have used the word themselves and never thought to apologize. She said she's sorry, so let it go.

Politico Pablo

Let's get real. She grew up during a time of segregation in the 1950's. And you don't think she ever used that word privately?
The plantiff's attorney asks her a "gotcha" question... that's what they do. No apology should be necessary.

JD

How is that a bad apology? Do you want her to bend over and kiss your ass or what?

L

I beg yeeeeew for your forgiveness. Now how aut a free Paula Deen style stick o deep-fried butt

Cornman

Kanye is a racist black. do they talk about that on the news? OJ got off because of murder because they didnt want all the blacks tearing up all the cities in America. Ill never forget how the blacks jumped up and down because Oj got off for murder when they knew he did it. it was a sick day in America. that shows u how racist blacks are too!!!

Jolie

Hey Corman,

I quoted your ignorant, racist comment in one of my articles. I notice you've left a bunch of ignorant,racist comments. (You must have plenty of time on your hands.) However, I chose a juicy one.

Thanks! (Don't forget to wash your white sheet.)

Fiona

She is ignorant and stupid and her age really isn't an excuse, neither the fact that she grew up in the south. She is a well-travelled, successful woman, who has seen the world, so there is really no excuse for closed-mindedness
But why is it okay for black people to use this word?
Nobody should use it, it is disrespectful and ignorant no matter if it comes from a white or black person.

tina

I agree with "Erp', LiL Wayne should be a target for no respect. He's a IDIOT !!!!!!!!! I don't understand why yrs ago Paula Deen said the "n" word, and Lil Wayne can walk all over the American flag. Get your priorities straight people. Side with one side or the other, pissed at Paula Deen for using the "N' word over 20 yrs ago or Lil Wayne showing the lack of respect for the flag and what it means.

GetReal

I CALLS IT LIKE I SEES IT! EVERYONE needs to stop saying it! WE ARE ALL THE SAME RIGHT!?!?!? So if we are going to make a big ass deal about Dean saying it then we need to get some apologizes from THE ENTIRE RAP COMMUNITY!

Cheryl

Why do ppl try to force political correctness? Its not a crime ..geeze. Most of the banks and jewelery stores here are only robbed by blacks..Am I suppose to be impressed???