Paula Deen

Food Network Blames

Paula's Abysmal PR Team

6/22/2013 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-paula-deen-food-networkPaula Deen's PR team botched her n-word apology so badly ... the Food Network had no choice but to fire her, sources close to the network tell TMZ.

According to our sources, her management's clumsy damage control -- backing out of the Matt Lauer interview and releasing multiple lame mea culpas -- was the primary reason the Food Network pulled the plug on the celebrity chef.

We're told the apology videos were the last straw -- clinching the Food Network's decision to drop the ax on her. And if you've seen the videos, it's not a big shock. (Apology 1, Apology 2)

But the silver lining ... we're told Paula's son Bobby Deen will be spared ... his Food Network show "Not My Mama's Meals" won't be affected by his mama getting the boot.

Might want to rename it though.

average jane

If this is how it's going to work, then I want EVERYONE who is in the public eye fired if they use or have used any insulting name towards ANY race. I have a feeling people are going to start dropping like flies if we look back at past videos of celebrities, rappers, and athletes.

punkin

As a black woman I find it really one sided that she loses endorsements and gets fired for using the word years ago, but it's ok for these rappers to use it everyday! Seriously? Get real! If that's the case, hold everyone that uses the word accountable. Stop pulling the race card when it's beneficial to you.

Bryan

Paula should have just rapped the N-word.
She'd still have her show and she'd be invited to the Billboard Awards!!

lanie

She seemed so uncomfortable in her apology video. I think the reason it came off insincere is because she was humiliated beyond belief. She also might have been sedated - she seemed out of it. It wouldn't surprise me to find out she's on medicine to keep her anxiety about the issue manageable.

I think she said some REALLY dumb things in her past -- that should not have been said, but I don't believe that makes her a racist.

I feel sorry for her. :-(

lanie

Somewhat off-topic, but Paula Deen has an awesome pound cake recipe--- it is called "Mama's Pound Cake".. If you like pound cake - you should definitely try her recipe.. it is beyond amazing!!

BSname

Chances are If you EVER sang along to a Rap song. YOU have USED the N-Word.

hotwasabi21

I do believe she has some racist blood in her; but I think she's a harmless old lady who should've kept her mouth shut and now needs to fire her PR team for turning something small into a huge debacle!

iLuvSpringTime

If blacks hate that word so much than they should start teaching their own to stop using it. It's heard so much on the radio in music, it's not even a big deal anymore, which is their own fault. I for one am going to purchase all of Deen's cookbooks, and boycott The Food Network shows. I wish I could do more for someone so unjustly fired.

Bambi

She told the truth under oath. She could of just flat out lied. Food Network you should be ashamed of yourself for being judge and jury of a truthful woman. Humans make mistakes. Shame on you Food Network.

iLuvSpringTime

Show your alliegance by writing The food Network website to protest the firing of Deen. When black rappers ... and many other blacks.... start getting fired for using that word then I'll listen.

weisenheimer

seriously Paula, if you were truly remorseful and your apology was sincere, you would not need a PR team to make te apology or take the blame for it!! YOU LOSE Y'OLE SOUTERN FRIED RACIST11111111

What!

Her ancestors were slave owners

CommonSensory

I think she got fired bc a WHITE woman (Lisa Jackson)is suing her and is putting all of this racist information out there, which probably makes the allegations seem more credible. A white person is suing, saying she witnessed physical/verbal abuse against blacks as late as 2010 by Paula & her brother (not to mention the sexual misconduct by brother). I'll bet Food Network knows that this is going to get a lot messier. Paula sounds pretty bad in the complaint but she looks like an angel compared to her brother, he seems like a real tool.

Kat

Paula has made a reported 16 million so I think she will survive in her poorly spoken explanation. She was never broad minded enough to deal with the topic. Meanwhile , rap artists write lyrics that are offensive too, especially to women. Let's get off the hyprocrites bandwagon and make it unacceptable for all , unless the the money justifies the music and Grammy awards right?

Comanchegurl

I live in savannah. Her restaurants suck! I never say the n word so I have no idea why she acts like its ok because she's from the south. The things out of her mouth make me cringe. I'm glad she's not going to be on the air!