Paula Deen

Food Network Blames

Paula's Abysmal PR Team

6/22/2013 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-paula-deen-food-networkPaula Deen's PR team botched her n-word apology so badly ... the Food Network had no choice but to fire her, sources close to the network tell TMZ.

According to our sources, her management's clumsy damage control -- backing out of the Matt Lauer interview and releasing multiple lame mea culpas -- was the primary reason the Food Network pulled the plug on the celebrity chef.

We're told the apology videos were the last straw -- clinching the Food Network's decision to drop the ax on her. And if you've seen the videos, it's not a big shock. (Apology 1, Apology 2)

But the silver lining ... we're told Paula's son Bobby Deen will be spared ... his Food Network show "Not My Mama's Meals" won't be affected by his mama getting the boot.

Might want to rename it though.

lucy

I'm actually really disappointed right now. I lost my patience earlier, but worse than that I'm so heartbroken over what some have said to defend or excuse Paula Deen. I don't hate her, I feel like I was lied to. We watched her most every day, my dad wanted her cookbook for his birthday so we got it for him... he's pretty shocked. I think she really is sorry, but it's her case that brought out the worst in most everyone today. Saddened. I hope this all goes away. But I won't ever, ever regret defending people from sharp tongued, misguided, heartless people. I hope we ALL get past this soon.

goldilocks

(test)

goaway

President Obama can Scan Americans and Paula ends up making the front page news for something she said 28 years ago. Lil Wayne can step on the American flag in 2013 and urinate on our rights and that is a non issue. Ridiculous and sickening at the same time.

Sparky

Our neighborhood had a block party yesterday, one of the topics was the Deen firing by the Food Network and everyone was pissed, it just so happens the man that owns the cable company in our town and surrounding towns was at the BBQ. To say his wife is pissed is an understatement. So bright and early Monday morning, this man is calling the Food Network and is telling them he is dropping them from his cable channel lineup!

jaysnow000

Just because you have not used the N word in 27 years does not make you any less of racist.

Tara Burke

The second apology was worse than the first. color of skin, religion, sexual orientation doesn't matter to me.....translation...Your deficiency doesn't matter to me. What the hell?? She also sounds like the victim of someone who has done her wrong. No, she doesn't need another chance. Latent bigotry can't be fixed. Someone like that doesn't need a public platform. She just needs to disappear back into obscurity.

myopinion

GREAT!!!!!!!

tommy

Unbelievable~~wow~~~My friend Lynn has just married to a handsome rich men They met through~~ ~ŚeekingŔich. Coм ~~The largest dating site for meeting successful singles. the place to meet millionaires for fun, romance and relationships. Meet and chat instantly with millionaires from all over the world with instant messenger system!!! hope you will like it.dgsf

Debbie Zarzecki

Personally, I think the Food Network should have fired her after the diabetes debacle. She hid her illness while cooking unhealthy food and didn't come forward until a pharmeceutical company offered her big money to endorse their product. I lost all respect for her and stopped watching her show after that. Now we have the n-word debacle and a half assed attempt at an apology. Paula Deen is a greedy,white trash phony and I'm glad the Food Network finally decided to dump her.

bonni littles

i allways thought paula deen had a little black hate in her the way she act when blacks come on her show her brother bubba act the same way. watch what comes out of your mouth it comes back in bite you.

henryj

let's be real, everyone's said it at least once, years ago. know better now. have deleted the foodnetwork from my channel lineup and will no longer buy their magazine. we're behind paula deen all the way. go paula!

Suzy

This is a knee jerk reaction by Food Network and they'll end up looking like fools. I doubt that there is anybody in Savannah who hasn't used or heard the n-word. The network is punishing her for being honest.

joy kyzer

who over 50 has not used a racial slur? No one would be my guess. Probably people at FoodNetwork have and probably continue. This is totally unfair. Pull the plug on FoodNetwork for some of their slurs. All you who have been watching Food Nertwork, STOP watching it except for the Deen Boys.

joy kyzer

Go Paula Go! Create your own network. Show them who's the real boss. Go Paula Go!
Shame on Food Network!!

ATexas

She will laughing all the way to the bank, TMZ. She is NOT a racist. I read the entire 149 page deposition. This is a witch hunt. People are sick and tired of the media and others rushing to judgment. I have never watched her show or bought her products until yesterday. I bought 3 of her cookbooks.