Paula Deen

You Be the Judge

6/22/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0621-paula-deen-tmz-sorry
Paula Deen has been 86'd from the Food Network for confessing during a deposition that she used the N-word in 1986. So we gotta ask ...

`

Misty

I am 33 years old female and black. I used the word n**ga constantly. After much soul searching I have forgiven use of the word by all races. I caught myself calling a white woman a dumb white witch with a b once and realized that white people make the same mistake with the word n**ger. I decided at that moment it wasn't a big deal and let it all go. It is so freeing not to be enslaved by a dumb as word. #Free Paula

Truth

@Woot, and YOU are clueless. Maybe if you come out from under the rock you are living you just might comprehend how white people are openly called Cracker and Whitey with little or no remorse and NOTHING happens to those who sling those racial slurs. Double standard personified.....if you even understand what that means.

scoche

If they would have kept Paula's show the polls would be flipped (basically saying they SHOULD have 86'd her). In dirty laundry loving fickle America you're damned if you do and damn'd if you don't. ;-)

jj

This bitch has a line of furniture .... hahahahaha.... we should thank God she got fired.

imillard58

The Food Network was looking for a reason to dump her. After all, she's not exactly associated with healthy cooking.
But really, a comment she made in 1986? Is that the best 'cover' they could find for firing her? That's just sad.
And the uncomfortable truth is: EVERYBODY is a racist. We are hard-wired to be suspicious of anybody that doesn't look and act like we do. But most of us don't express those feelings aloud.
She did - 27 years ago. Talk about holding a grudge!

dorothyjoanne2006@yahoo.com

To Emeril : Today, I decided to never watch the Food Network again. I will tune into Create, Cooking Channel and Travel Network. I suggest you take time to listen to the adolescent and young black adult casual conversations, they use that word freely. Both you and me grew up in that era. Some politicaly social terms only serve to hide the history we lived thru. I am of black heritage.

bc

you gonna fire her for something she said in 1986? seriously? and she was at least honest about it. that's beyond absurd. we have all said something we regret i am sure and we all learn from our sins and what not. was she even employed by this network in 1986? again where is forgiveness? this doesn't solve any racial issues, it only makes them worse. oh my gosh she said a word that every single kid in america has probably said to each other at some point. guess they should all be fired in 20 years from all their jobs as well. just stupid.

CharmingSirNick

you guys really need to start putting in a 3rd option..some of these choices are horrible

luther

Being from the south myself I think its a poor excuse for what she said. Im glad somebody stood up to her Its time we put all that redneck $hit behind us an move forward together as Americans and not as black or white.

Truth

YET DJANGO UNCHAINED GETS PRAISED... SAM JACKSON'S CHARACTER WAS 100X MORE RACIST UNCLE TOM THAN PAULA DEEN YET THE PC POLICE WEREN'T ALL UP IN TARANTINO'S FACE. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

Gesa

Clearly none of you read any other article about the matter...

Copied from the web:

She was asked why in the world she would say something about wanting to hire black cater waiters to pretend to be "slaves" at an old-school Southern wedding. She responded by saying that she got the idea when she was at an event with black cater waiters, and is also just generally a racist.

“The whole entire waiter staff was middle-aged black men, and they had on beautiful white jackets with a black bow tie. I mean, it was really impressive. That restaurant represented a certain era in America… after the Civil War, during the Civil War, before the Civil War… It was not only black men, it was black women… I would say they were slaves.”

Sammy Jackson

Chicken cookin' finga licken *****' got screwed. Hell, even we all know that, but let's raise some shlt 'cause we can.

Kathy

So she said the n word. I must say it over 50 times day

PT

It's just a word, people. Get over it.

dave

The Food Network shall heretofore be referred to as, "The F-N-word."