Paula Deen

You Be the Judge

6/22/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0621-paula-deen-tmz-sorry
Paula Deen has been 86'd from the Food Network for confessing during a deposition that she used the N-word in 1986. So we gotta ask ...

`

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

daWn

MY GOD Who hasn't said that word, people get real!

Gravity's Silhouette

Never seen her before...never listened to her before....never read one of her books before...but based on that interaction with Hollis, I'm supposed to believe she's a hard-core racist? Well, fiddle-dee-dee. I might just go visit her restaurants now that I know all these black folks are boycotting them. Should make for a quiet, pleasant evening.

Piper

Whats this "...as bad as Mel Gibson" crap? He was in a drunken rage so has an excuse hahahaha. Geeezuz everyone is racist. Some admit it is all....BORING!!

sayusayme

my God she is from the South people, of course that word is used on a regular basis, leave her alone

DiM

Pretty disturbing that most folks here do not see this for what it is - bigotry.
Society has evolved over the past decades.

Lynn

I will never watch Food Network again.. How about her her African American Pastor.... he stands by her... hmmm enough said

kelli

come ON tmz that is not the only time she used the word and that is not the reason she got axed. very misleading header on this.

Mimi:)

That 39% that said they have never used the 'N' word is full of ****. I'm sure they have said something racist towards someone once in there life.

tommy

Unbelievable~~wow~~~My friend Lynn has just married to a handsome rich men They met through~~ ~ŚeekingŔich. Coм ~~The largest dating site for meeting successful singles. the place to meet millionaires for fun, romance and relationships. Meet and chat instantly with millionaires from all over the world with instant messenger system!!! hope you will like it.dgdsgdfg

Bagheera

She used it once 27 years ago. Why is this relevant now? Everyone is a little bit racist. Even Blacks, Asian, Latinos, and natives. Food Network wanted to get rid of Paula, and this "incident" finally gave them the chance.

Alix

Just like ethnicity doesn't matter, age doesn't matter - racism is racism and she's at fault - if she's willing to be like that in front of the camera, i can only imagine how crude she is behind it - better people deserve a chance for success

Inquiring Mind

OK, I just have to point something out.....since the beginning of this year, how many sports players have been called out for using the "F" word? I can think of quite a few. These stories are all the same, they stand up in front of a barrage of media, issuing the same insincere statement of apology written by some PR flunky...."oh I did not intend to offend anyone, oh I am so deeply sorry if my comments hurt anyone, I am attending sensitivity training now blah blah blah". From there, they go back to the team as if nothing happened, as long as they said "I'm sorry" it must be OK. No contracts are severed, no players are terminated. Now Paula follows the very same scenario, right down to the clumsy apology, and the poor woman gets her ass run up a flagpole for doing so.

What have we learned here? The severity of the punishment is directly related to which group is offended. You might suffer a little embarrassment for using the F-word, have to stand up and say how sorry you are, but your life remains pretty much unchanged. Say the N-word however, and you get torn down to the ground, and your life is a wretched place to be. Hypocrisy much??????

Inquiring Mind

iris

People get over it.. enough so sensitive. Black still use the word ***** among themselves in public. why be sensitive now. We all know the south past. we have come a long way to think different. I don't agree Paula should loose contracts to these big Companies whom have become rich with her endorsement. AND IF THESE BIG CORPORATE PEOPLE TURN THEIR BACKS ON HER I KNOW HALF OF THESE A****** HAVE SAID MORE THAN JUST N****. And these people suing her are just out for the money

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8