Christian Rockers to Kanye

If God Is On Your Album ...

PROVE IT

6/23/2013 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621-stryper
Kanye West
's new album may claim to feature God -- but if He is really on "Yeezus," then his fans deserve to know just how ... this according to the lead singer of '80s Christian glam metal band Stryper.

The band's front man Michael Sweet tells TMZ ... he gets it if Kanye's boast that the Big Guy is featured on the track "I Am a God" is figurative -- "When you believe in God, you want Him to be a part of everything you do, guiding you through the entire process. So, I understand what is meant."

0621-yeezus-kanye-west-i-am-a-god
But Sweet says if Kanye means it literally -- and let's face it, he probably does -- he wants details, like ..."I've always wondered - is God a drummer, a bassist, a guitarist or a singer? I'm guessing The Master of all ..."

We called God for comment. Sounded kinda like Kanye.

Lars777

Pffggt

Lars777

Kanye wishes he had half the talent that Stryper has. Will he still be around making albums 30 years from now? Ha ha! Doubtful. And BTW ToiletHead, they are an 80's band, not 70's. At least get your facts straight if you wanna diss someone.

tleeg

Stryper rocks!! Saw them twice last year. Kayne doesnt have a teaspoon of talent compated to Stryper

tleeg

*compared

Lars777

@tleeg You got that right

AZbird

Stryper is a great band and believe me they aren't worried about all of kanye west fans. And yes they are a 80's hair band but they are still making music and touring the world and all you do is wish to be them

The Zombie

Stryper??? Seriously? I honest to god traded my Stryper TAPE for a Slayer tape in 1987.

laffnbear

I suppose all the holier-than-thou Bible pounders will be incensed. There is no god so they are wasting their energy,

Lars777

Any publicity is good publicity. This is getting Stryper's name out to the masses. The world is in need of some great music, and Stryper delivers the goods!

tommy

Unbelievable~~wow~~~My friend Lynn has just married to a handsome rich men They met through~~ ~ŚeekingŔich. Coм ~~The largest dating site for meeting successful singles. the place to meet millionaires for fun, romance and relationships. Meet and chat instantly with millionaires from all over the world with instant messenger system!!! hope you will like it.dgsdf

taletattler

OMFG....are they still around ......They were such an embarrassment in the late 80's early 90's ...... This is just hype to get them noticed .....ROTFLMAO.....Go Kanye ..... You are an artist ... whether liked or no .... be free my friend.

Javier de la Cruz

I think they are prejudiced by Sweet, I think that we need to hear the version of both to discuss a point, because he's judging West and maybe he doesn't know what West really mean with "(featuring God)", I think that West is a genius tagging God as feature artist and a principal artist, why Sweet can support West in this case, instead judging him, Sweet is christian and He has to respect that, I'm christian too but I don't judge everybody, Sweet needs to know the opinion of West before judge, and West needs to define the meaning of that. God expresses how God is in our lives and he's the influence in all the thing that we make, God needs to be prised, praised and glorified for everything, the name of God can be expressed in many ways that we can understand what's their meaning, and let's hope that the real meaning comes to the light and stop judging every '****ing' body.

Lars777

Kanye is a nutcase.

jerseysrants

Nobody even liked Stryper when they first came out, and I still don't like'em now.. Kanye same thing never liked him neither..

Lars777