Kim & Kanye

North West Is Non-Directional

6/24/2013 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0623-kanye-west-kim-kardashian-tmz-north
Kim Kardashian
and Kanye West were not inspired by a compass when they named their kid North ... fact is, the name's more inspirational than directional.

Sources close to K & K tell TMZ  ... they chose the name North because they see it as a metaphor for "up", telling friends, "What's North of North? Nothing."  Translation ... nothing better.

We're told the duo believes baby North is their highest point together as a couple ... the pinnacle of the relationship ... and they consider her their "North Star."

Kinda sweet. Almost makes ya feel bad for mocking it, right?

Almost.

0621_kim_kanye_parents_footer

pina10

that's cool every one is entitled to name their baby what ever they like

Permellafee McCollough

Name her North Star West, then she will have a middle name

AJ

Nope, doesn't make me feel bad for mocking it. Just because their kid is named after a terrible Elijah Wood flick from the mid-nineties and happens to be the "high point" of their relationship, doesn't make it any better. For these two, the high point of their relationship was not putting on a condom?

viv

Why does this childs name make me "Wanna Get Away"... lol

BellaShannon

Oh please...are you telling me they didn't realize Kompass' name wasn't a direction? It's a stupid name period.

pameshell

I am tried of this Family........ The are just sleep arounds, the only one with a husband with in 30 days is Khloe. People! Stop giving to non-working people attention.

Mindy33

Northwest Airlines was headquartered in Kris Humphrie's home state up North.

skillciaX

North West Airlines anybody? Can I get some peanuts?

joe

why didnt they keep with the K names and name this poor child KNORTH WEST.....it would be less disturbing and not so much a compass point??..or maybe they aren't intel enough to think of that

tiana

I wonder how much they paid to find that "explanation"

jjbuff70

What a stupid name!

bigmamma

The middle name should be STAR

PC

If North is their highest point together as a couple...it's only downhill from there.

Loraine

Out of all the pretty names out there for a girl and they named her North!? I wanted to be different when naming my babies. I love all their names and it is something you don't really hear all the time. They all have good full names something that I can be proud of.North that's not a name!! Give that baby a good name something she can live with the rest of her life.

lyndi

Someone slap them please!