Black 'Next Food Network Star'

Give Paula a Break

'We Are All Human'

6/24/2013 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0624_aaron_mccargo_paula
The chef who won Season 4 of "The Next Food Network Star" is coming out in defense of Paula Deen, saying she's been nothing but a friend to him throughout his career ... even though he's Black.

Chef Aaron McCargo Jr. just released a statement on his Facebook page, writing, "Paula has always been very helpful and supportive throughout my career, and as her friend I'm saddened to see that she is going through a tough time right now."

Aaron asked his fans to give Paula the benefit of the doubt, and added, "We are all human and we should never be too quick to judge anyone."

Translation: I still want Paula Deen to like me.

Kelly

I still want PD to like me is right! Also... so the Neely's weren't the only blacks on the channel? Who knew?

ABB

Seriously, I'm no fan of this woman or any TV cooking show but give her a break. She did grow up in different times and I really believe her (I'm a minority) She's like the character in the movie, "Driving with Miss Daisy" olde tymey racist but nice, the way my Southern partner's parents are.

OooooNooo!

They both have one thing in common: they're fat -- stronger bond than skin color!

Jordan

Paula needs to give the Plaintiff in the Lawsuit the Million dollars she is asking for, close that book, because who knows what witnesses will come out, and what they have to say, Then Paula can start to Rebuild her Image. Paying 1 million is less than the endorsements it could cost later.

kitnplayn

SHUT UP. This is a not a mistake she made. This is an arrogant, self-important racist.

lottabodi

I don't give a damn. Paula's not the only one. There are millions of Paulas. She was just stupid enough to be honest and get videoed.

AplMacLady

I see we have another house ******

Theresa Q

Good for you, Rev Sharpton and Joan Rivers. Shame on you, Anthony Bourdain, Alton Brown and so many others for being sell-outs and saying nothing in her defense.

Kenya Johnson

A racist can befriend someone of the offending race. And yes she is stupidly human. Stay out of the Paula Deen situation. NO need to cosign her foolishness. She cooked herself into this stupid situation. Let her cook her way out of it.

JFO

Translation: he's not jumping on the hate Paula Deen band wagon that every other idiot is. Good for him!!

Toallthehatersoftheworld

No never

thatdeeboss

She was referring back to old days. She old. I don't think she meant to offend. I always give old people a pass cuz they were raised by parents born in 1900 so today I don't think people should be that way but if ur telling a story u can't leave out the words or thee sorry won't be true!

Allikat

Translation: Maybe he simply means what he said. Why would he say something insincere in the hope that Paula Deen would "still like him"? why would he need or want that at this point? I think its kind of brave of him to actually say this since everyone else seems to want to see her destroyed.

cindy

Well, That's big of him. Good for him. I'm not being sarcastic.

Chuck

TMZ is a jerk publication. If it didn't have the rap community beating up women, smoking weed etc. It's pages would be blank.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments