« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nik Wallenda

Grand Canyon High-Wire

THANK YOU JESUS!

6/24/2013 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062413_skywire_launch
Anyone who watched the Nik Wallenda live-OR-die high-wire stunt live on TV Sunday night witnessed one of the great moments of TV in the last few years ... and Jesus played a prominent role.

Nik was perched on a 2" wire, 1,500 feet over the Grand Canyon floor.  For 22 awesome minutes he was teetering on the edge of death, as his wife and children watched ... and it was broadcast live on Discovery's "Skywire."

It seemed Nik mentioned Jesus every other step, at times asking him to subdue the menacing wind gusts and at times just thanking him for having his back.

In all ... Nik gave props to Jesus 63 times, and "the Lord" 39 times.

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

This is typical of fundamentalists: they turn God into some kind of magic pixie and make belief in God seem stupid.

AllieFrid

OH God, what does Jesus have to do with it??? He has bigger problems in the world to worry about, like starvation and natural disaster victims. Please don't say that Jesus is wasting his time with this nut and his need for attention.

uruseless

How does he know it was Jesus and not the tooth fairy that helped him? Could be, because they are equally real.

buggaz

Bet the TMZ idiots would be making light of the subject had this guy thanked Allah. Eh?

Joann

What a psycho!

Rich

I was sweating all the time he was crossing. And esp. when the wind gusts got strong. I wish him well in his next adventures. His actions is what makes up this nation.

tgrfan42069

oh look the ungodly are butt hurt that he said jesus. is the little athiests offended by someone they swear doesnt exist?

Lucky_130

What a kook

uruseless

There wouldn't be starvation and natural disasters if there really was a god. World Trade Center, 2004 Tsunami, Fukushima earthquake, AIDS, polio, plague, Holocaust, wars, get the point?

People are so gullible that they will believe anything if they think it is somehow to their benefit.

cuggiebeth

If praying to his God helped him focus on the task at hand. Who are we to judge. The praying seemed like an auto response that he was concerned with what ever conditions he wasn't expecting and needed something bigger than himself to get through.

fenuchi

While Jesus was saving him from his own stupid decision to put his life in danger, another altar boy was molested.

Palmerlmg

This is such a testament to God! This is such a good Christian Family, it's nice to see this!

Anonymous

I might believe more in Jesus if he had fallen, bounced a couple times, and just walked it off. For now, I'd rather believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Danielle

I don't like things like this, tightrope walking. Why do so many of you have to mock his belief in Jesus thought? If his believing in Jesus gives him strength and confidence to complete his mission that is his business. All of the first few posts are disgusting,

BTW, URUSELESS, Jesus was a real man.

Vince

God has allowed us all free will to screw up as we see fit. It is our world to do as we see please right or wrong. I believe in God and Jesus but I do not expect them to solve all my problems for me. I choose to work out my own problems with the support of my faith and take comfort in God's love of mankind even with all its many faults. This is my belief, I do not expect anyone to subscribe to it and I find no fault in anyone who has a different view or belief.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments